Password

Album Review

Adaliah- Rituals Album Cover

Adaliah- Rituals

Reviewed by
Adaliah - Rituals
Record Label: Unsigned
Release Date: January 1, 2011
I have never been a fan of the concept of an EP. Downloading 6 songs just seems pointless to me, when we all know that the band could have very easily released a full-length. In actuality though, this band caught me off-guard quickly. Adaliah is an unsigned band, hailing from Florida who started New Years with a bang by releasing their debut EP, Rituals when the ball dropped.

Rituals opens up with the typical creepy opener that you'll hear involved with a metal-core group. It's mostly buzzing and whirring, just the expected creepy sounds you would hear before any chaotic music. This opener, which was called "Illusions," actually turned me off of the album when I first heard it. But I couldn't just stop there, so I pushed the skip button.

The albums strongest point "Allure" came next in line. The song has a very old school hardcore feel in my opinion. But with guitars tuned as low as G#, you expect it to have it's own sound, and it most certainly does. Vocalists Jorge Sotomayor and Tyler Andre are a powerhouse behind the microphone, offering gut wrenching monotone middle vocals, shrill highs from time to time, and the lowest of lows. There's just no true variety, and not to mention you can't tell the difference between the two vocalists, but props to them for fitting in with the genre so well, and their lyricism.

"Allure" is filled with djent (if you don't know what that means, then by all means look it up) breakdowns that include impossible structure and staccato techniques, and very melodic instrumentals alongside it, brought to you by Austin Coupe and Paul Knott (guitar).

I am not going to break down every song on the EP, because I will leave it up to you to decide. Mostly because all of the songs sound similar, but that's okay because they're all by the same band.

Adaliah is a band with a lot of potential and a lot of energy. When it comes to their music, it's a new fresh look at the hardcore sound that we're all used to. It's the same fast-paced-to-slow breakdown structure that everyone is doing. It's the new craze. But all in all, the debut is solid, and something that will have you tapping, or stomping your feet.

Recommended If You Like[/fsDestruction of a King when they have a rough orgy with The Ghost Inside and For The Fallen Dreams.
This review is a user submitted review from kevinAIWW. You can see all of kevinAIWW's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 6 of 6
08:08 PM on 01/13/11
chainsawcarroll
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
A couple things, I sense absolutely no djent in, "Allure." Maybe YOU should look up the meaning of djent. Yeah, their mid-range might be turned up in the EQ, but that doesn't it make it djenty.

"I am not going to break down every song on the EP, because I will leave it up to you to decide. Mostly because all of the songs sound similar, but that's okay because they're all by the same band."

That is NOT okay. That's what makes people not want to buy full albums/EP's because all the songs sound the exactly the same.
10:31 AM on 01/14/11
kevinAIWW
boner boner boner boner boner boner
User Info.
A couple things, I sense absolutely no djent in, "Allure." Maybe YOU should look up the meaning of djent. Yeah, their mid-range might be turned up in the EQ, but that doesn't it make it djenty.

"I am not going to break down every song on the EP, because I will leave it up to you to decide. Mostly because all of the songs sound similar, but that's okay because they're all by the same band."

That is NOT okay. That's what makes people not want to buy full albums/EP's because all the songs sound the exactly the same.
I missed the part where this was your review.
10:36 AM on 01/15/11
doodbrololz
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
LOL^

also, i think every song has a different feel to it
but i understand how you can say that its okay cause its by the same band.
look at every other band lol all of their songs you can tell are by them
good review!
11:45 AM on 01/15/11
kevinAIWW
boner boner boner boner boner boner
User Info.
LOL^

also, i think every song has a different feel to it
but i understand how you can say that its okay cause its by the same band.
look at every other band lol all of their songs you can tell are by them
good review!
Thanks bud! I just think that they do have a djent sound, but it is combined with a hardcore sound. I do believe every song sounds the same but it is not necessarily bad. It's just because they're a band that has their own style. Not because they are ...Nickelback.
05:36 PM on 01/05/12
Derek1080
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Haha. Apparently YOU don't know what djent sounds like mixed in with this type of music, because Allure has a pretty big plate of it. And you definitely can't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, because I actually play this shit.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos