http://www.npr.org/2011/01/08/132764...hot-in-arizona
11:07 AM on 01/08/11 
User Info.
Jake Gyllenhaal
I'm sorry, T!
North Jersey
Male
RIP

This is such a shitty situation. First mail bombs being sent to the Maryland governor and Janet Napolitano. Now this.
11:08 AM on 01/08/11 
User Info.
MyWorldEntire
COYRS
Dekalb, IL
Male - 24 Years Old
Absolutely tragic. Thoughts and prayers with her family.
11:08 AM on 01/08/11 
User Info.
Machu505
yep
New Haven CT
Male - 19 Years Old
She was 40-years-old, and married to an astronaut with two kids.
11:10 AM on 01/08/11 
User Info.
J.C.
adorkable
New Haven, CT
ya boy - 28 Years Old
Sick to my stomach.
11:10 AM on 01/08/11 
User Info.
MyWorldEntire
COYRS
Dekalb, IL
Male - 24 Years Old
http://yfrog.com/h4j00sj
11:11 AM on 01/08/11 
User Info.
jwicklun
Never forget.
San Francisco, CA
Male - 24 Years Old
This is horrible. Arizona is getting worse and worse with this.
11:16 AM on 01/08/11 
User Info.
saysmydoctor
Resident New Yorker
Albany NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Jesus fucking Christ.
11:17 AM on 01/08/11 
User Info.
Scrandon
Undeclared
Yikes. So sad. RIP.
11:18 AM on 01/08/11 
User Info.
Mitch
this is water
Jamaica Plain, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
This is horrible.
11:23 AM on 01/08/11 
User Info.
MyWorldEntire
COYRS
Dekalb, IL
Male - 24 Years Old
Eyewitness Report:

The event was very informal: Gifford had set up a table outside the Safeway and about 20-30 people were gathered to talk to her. The gunman, who may have come from inside the Safeway, walked up and shot Gifford in the head first. According to Rayle, who is a former ER doctor, Gifford was able to move her hands after being shot.

After shooting Gifford, the gunman opened fire indiscriminately for a few seconds, firing 20-30 rounds and hitting a number of people, including a kid no older than 10 years old. Rayle hid behind a concrete pole and pretended to be dead. When the gunman apparently ran out of ammunition he attempted to flee, but a member of Gifford's staff tackled him. Rayle helped hold the gunman down while waiting for the sheriff to arrive, about 15-to-20 minutes later. The EMS came about 30 minutes later. Rayle said he was "stunned" by how long it took medical help to arrive.

The gunman was young, mid-to-late 20s, white, clean-shaven with short hair and wearing dark clothing and said nothing during the shooting or while being held down, although he struggled at first. He didn't look like a businessman, but more of a "fringe character," Rayle said. The sheriff's department arrived, arrested the gunman and cordoned off the parking lot.
11:26 AM on 01/08/11 
User Info.
wrppdarndyrfngr
Ryan Adams > You
Kansas City
Male - 27 Years Old
holy shit.
11:27 AM on 01/08/11 
User Info.
Jake Gyllenhaal
I'm sorry, T!
North Jersey
Male
Eyewitness Report:

The event was very informal: Gifford had set up a table outside the Safeway and about 20-30 people were gathered to talk to her. The gunman, who may have come from inside the Safeway, walked up and shot Gifford in the head first. According to Rayle, who is a former ER doctor, Gifford was able to move her hands after being shot.

After shooting Gifford, the gunman opened fire indiscriminately for a few seconds, firing 20-30 rounds and hitting a number of people, including a kid no older than 10 years old. Rayle hid behind a concrete pole and pretended to be dead. When the gunman apparently ran out of ammunition he attempted to flee, but a member of Gifford's staff tackled him. Rayle helped hold the gunman down while waiting for the sheriff to arrive, about 15-to-20 minutes later. The EMS came about 30 minutes later. Rayle said he was "stunned" by how long it took medical help to arrive.

The gunman was young, mid-to-late 20s, white, clean-shaven with short hair and wearing dark clothing and said nothing during the shooting or while being held down, although he struggled at first. He didn't look like a businessman, but more of a "fringe character," Rayle said. The sheriff's department arrived, arrested the gunman and cordoned off the parking lot.

Is it wrong that this is what I assumed when I first read that a Democratic Congresswoman had been shot?
11:28 AM on 01/08/11 
User Info.
wrppdarndyrfngr
Ryan Adams > You
Kansas City
Male - 27 Years Old

hate to jump to any conclusions but ya here it is bigger:

11:28 AM on 01/08/11 
User Info.
TJ Wells
i'll see you at the movies.
Portland, OR
Male - 27 Years Old
Robert Reich, in 2007: "I wouldn't be surprised if she's the first or second female President of the United States."

So, so sad.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version