Kasey Anderson and The Honkies - 01.04.11
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Kasey Anderson and The Honkies
1. How did you get your band name?
The Kasey Anderson part I was born with, and I guess it just stuck. The
Honkies was one of the names Richard Manuel and Levon Helm lobbied for
before they settled on The Band.
2. How did this band get started?
I got tired of playing solo gigs and called Andrew. We had been trying to
get some kind of band together for a few years but it just hadn't worked
out. My approach to starting bands has always been to just get my favorite
guys from my favorite bands; the older I get, the better the bands are that
I choose from.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Chuck Berry, The Rolling Stones, Bo Diddley, The Faces, The New York Dolls,
The Replacements, Dylan, Goodie Mob.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
The Faces, just because who wouldn't want to watch all of that dysfunction
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Probably a penguin because I look alright in a tux.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
I can't stand that question. It's all arbitrary. People like what they
like. Some people love Modest Mouse, I can't listen to that band. Some
people don't dig Tom Waits, I can't get enough. People SHOULD listen to
whatever they like. People SHOULD look for new music whenever they can. Your
favorite band is out there somewhere and there's a good chance you haven't
even heard them yet.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
I'd rather my song be in Dr. Mario. Do they still make that game?
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
If people stopped praising mediocrity, the bar would be raised and the
industry would have to rise to meet it. It's as much the fault of the
audience as it is the industry. That said, if I had to change one thing
about the music industry, I'd ask that they stop shoveling shit down
people's throats and trying to pass it off as art.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Every soundcheck is a rollercoaster of emotion.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
I like your site. I especially like the slogan or motto or whatever it's
called on the internet. Music does mend broken hearts.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
I've always really loved playing "Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues."
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
My apartment. It's the one place I spend the least amount of time during the
year, so when I get a chance to spend two straight weeks at home, I take it.
I really love Dublin, too.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Woody Guthrie and Sinatra.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The super power where you can always make your rent no matter how much
money you have in the bank.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
In the way that bands were "making it" in the 90s? No. But nobody "makes
it" like that anymore. We're doing alright. We're all keenly aware of how
lucky we are to do this for a living.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I have a weird, non-sexual thing for Noah Wyle.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Whatever people do. I read a lot. I hang out with my dog. I didn't have a
lot of down time this last year so, whenever I get spare time, I just unpack
another box in my apartment. I've spent maybe 60 nights there since I moved
in eleven months ago.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I make great Chex Mix. No joke. Ask around.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |
Buy The Music