Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts
06:37 PM on 01/11/11
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
best rap/hiphop group around. best rap label. fuck yes.
3 good artists, 2 mediocre artists and the rest throwaways. hell, that's the ratio on young money too.

(for the record, i'm being a dick about the young money thing. the first sentence still stands, though.)
12:17 AM on 01/12/11
weworemasks
User Info.
You're truly an idiot if you do not think all 5 emcees are extremely talented as well as the producing/beat making abilities of Lazerbeak and Paper Tiger. Sure, MK Larada and Turbo Nemesis do a lot of background stuff, like artwork and such, but these guys are absolutely amazing. Find me another 7-9 piece hip-hop group that collaborates as well as this.

there aren't many 7-9 member groups, but off the top: wu-tang clan.

labels is a whole new ball game. i could probably list at least 5 (all-time, of course.)

Just curious, which artists don't you like? Not trying to be a dick at all i just wanted to know

i love: p.o.s. (even then, only NB), paper tiger and lazerbeak. (lazerbeak was in my top 10 of 2010)
"mediocre": dessa (she's very talented, but her album SUCKED.), cecil
the rest are either too boring or too angry for me to listen to more than 3 times. i've given the posse cuts/albums a good try, as well as a ton of the false hopes installments. mike mictlan is unbearable.
12:40 AM on 01/12/11
weworemasks
User Info.
I agree with you exactly on Dessa, Lazerbeak is the shit but i'm not too huge on Paper tiger. I respect your opinion though . I love the shit out of Doomtree but i understand why you don't. I have to say Cecil is incredibly talented and probably my favorite (close with P.O.S. though), im not even sure if he's even classified as hip-hop at times but the dude has a way with words. This is coming from the guy with the Cecil avatar so i'm biased haha
i love beats man. it's the blood of hip-hop. hence the admiration for PT and lazerbeak, haha. cecil is pretty cool, i just really haven't given him a lot of spins. best work?

and i was looking forward to dessa's latest LP. loved dixon's girl, but the album was realllly underwhelming and too "charged."

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos