08:29 PM on 01/11/11
Kbm600
Here, It Never Snowed
User Info.
It's three songs.

P.O.S. - "Purexed" from Never Better
Mike Mictlan - "Prizefight" from Hand Over Fist
Doomtree - "Low Light Low Life" from Never Better
I was looking for the second one specifically, thanks!
08:45 PM on 01/11/11
AdamChildress
Wondrous Oblivion.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Oh Dessa, you are so dreamy
09:03 PM on 01/11/11
Ian Walker
wes craven with x cravings.
User Info.
I was looking or the second one specifically, thanks!
No prob. Definitely check out Hand Over Fist. Lazerbeak's production is great.
09:08 PM on 01/11/11
sakattack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
3 good artists, 2 mediocre artists and the rest throwaways. hell, that's the ratio on young money too.

(for the record, i'm being a dick about the young money thing. the first sentence still stands, though.)
You're truly an idiot if you do not think all 5 emcees are extremely talented as well as the producing/beat making abilities of Lazerbeak and Paper Tiger. Sure, MK Larada and Turbo Nemesis do a lot of background stuff, like artwork and such, but these guys are absolutely amazing. Find me another 7-9 piece hip-hop group that collaborates as well as this.
10:21 PM on 01/11/11
Ian Walker
wes craven with x cravings.
User Info.
You're truly an idiot if you do not think all 5 emcees are extremely talented as well as the producing/beat making abilities of Lazerbeak and Paper Tiger. Sure, MK Larada and Turbo Nemesis do a lot of background stuff, like artwork and such, but these guys are absolutely amazing. Find me another 7-9 piece hip-hop group that collaborates as well as this.
My reaction when you called Roshan an idiot. Didn't bother reading the rest.

10:41 PM on 01/11/11
tfieldz
All The World Is Mad
User Info.
3 good artists, 2 mediocre artists and the rest throwaways. hell, that's the ratio on young money too.

(for the record, i'm being a dick about the young money thing. the first sentence still stands, though.)

Just curious, which artists don't you like? Not trying to be a dick at all i just wanted to know
12:17 AM on 01/12/11
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.

there aren't many 7-9 member groups, but off the top: wu-tang clan.

labels is a whole new ball game. i could probably list at least 5 (all-time, of course.)

Just curious, which artists don't you like? Not trying to be a dick at all i just wanted to know

i love: p.o.s. (even then, only NB), paper tiger and lazerbeak. (lazerbeak was in my top 10 of 2010)
"mediocre": dessa (she's very talented, but her album SUCKED.), cecil
the rest are either too boring or too angry for me to listen to more than 3 times. i've given the posse cuts/albums a good try, as well as a ton of the false hopes installments. mike mictlan is unbearable.
12:30 AM on 01/12/11
tfieldz
All The World Is Mad
User Info.
there aren't many 7-9 member groups, but off the top: wu-tang clan.

labels is a whole new ball game. i could probably list at least 5 (all-time, of course.)

i love: p.o.s. (even then, only NB), paper tiger and lazerbeak. (lazerbeak was in my top 10 of 2010)
"mediocre": dessa (she's very talented, but her album SUCKED.), cecil
the rest are either too boring or too angry for me to listen to more than 3 times. i've given the posse cuts/albums a good try, as well as a ton of the false hopes installments. mike mictlan is unbearable.

I agree with you exactly on Dessa, Lazerbeak is the shit but i'm not too huge on Paper tiger. I respect your opinion though . I love the shit out of Doomtree but i understand why you don't. I have to say Cecil is incredibly talented and probably my favorite (close with P.O.S. though), im not even sure if he's even classified as hip-hop at times but the dude has a way with words. This is coming from the guy with the Cecil avatar so i'm biased haha
12:40 AM on 01/12/11
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
I agree with you exactly on Dessa, Lazerbeak is the shit but i'm not too huge on Paper tiger. I respect your opinion though . I love the shit out of Doomtree but i understand why you don't. I have to say Cecil is incredibly talented and probably my favorite (close with P.O.S. though), im not even sure if he's even classified as hip-hop at times but the dude has a way with words. This is coming from the guy with the Cecil avatar so i'm biased haha
i love beats man. it's the blood of hip-hop. hence the admiration for PT and lazerbeak, haha. cecil is pretty cool, i just really haven't given him a lot of spins. best work?

and i was looking forward to dessa's latest LP. loved dixon's girl, but the album was realllly underwhelming and too "charged."
04:34 AM on 01/12/11
MorningStar10
the other Kyle.
User Info.
what is Cecil's best songs?, I haven't listened to him, all i had heard on Doomtree had been Dessa and POS
06:10 AM on 01/12/11
one8=2zeros
User Info.
Cecil is my favorite too. Like tfieldz says, he just has a way with words. It's not so much one song but just when you sit down and listen to the whole album and then kinda go back over it in your head... everything he says is solid and well structured.

If I had to pick one song though, I would probably pick "Blacklist" off of the False Hopes Mega release. Fat dirty beat and Cecil drops some sick verses in a very winding, almost off-balance flow. It feels like rocks falling down a mountain.
06:13 AM on 01/12/11
Unique Dragon
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Tane
09:01 AM on 01/12/11
thechetearly
thechetearly
User Info.
damn it. so good.
06:01 PM on 01/12/11
bobcatbob18
Hang your secrets
User Info.
I incredibly regret not going to this show in Chicago last month. FML.
07:54 PM on 01/12/11
tfieldz
All The World Is Mad
User Info.
i love beats man. it's the blood of hip-hop. hence the admiration for PT and lazerbeak, haha. cecil is pretty cool, i just really haven't given him a lot of spins. best work?

and i was looking forward to dessa's latest LP. loved dixon's girl, but the album was realllly underwhelming and too "charged."

Beats are definitely a huge deal, i agree. Paper Tiger is great i'm just not too into instrumental music and with Dessa her music is just kind of boring but i don't deny her talent. When she's on, shes ON (especially Dixon's Girl ). For Cecil his whole album "Rebel Yellow" to me is a classic, but i'll give you my favorite tracks for you to work with. I'd say check out "Black Rose", "Traveling Dunktank (featuring P.O.S.), and my favorite has to be the title track "Rebel Yellow". It's definitely a way different style of hip-hop but it's a nice change up to go to

Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests