Password

Album Review

It's Alive - Human Resources Album Cover

It's Alive - Human Resources

Reviewed by
It’s AliveHuman Resources
Release Date: May 25, 2010
Record Label: Wind-up Records
Trying to study for my midterm exams and listen to this album is very hard to do simultaneously, and I bet you can guess what I didn’t do. This Lake Mary, Florida quartet shows you how rock is done with an album that’ll remind you of what modern rock is supposed to sound like. Also, I didn’t get to study because I was too busy writing this review and head banging to the rock stylings of It’s Alive coming from my laptop (to the point where it actually froze, no joke.)

To start off, “The Bottom” starts off with an in-your-face hard rock that shows you what this band is about. This is a formula a lot of bands use and use it well. It’s Alive shows what they’re about in this song, and cements their sound in the community, catering to the masses that like this type of music. “Pieces”, the first single off the album, shows how the band can mix electronica and rock music in this modern age the right way, creating an acoustically pleasing song and showing the raw power of Zach Webb’s vocals, telling you that he is being ripped into pieces at the time.

Next up, “Liar” is a song I’ve actually heard before and it was creepy hearing it again. This song is a really excellent song, slow paced, and follows the path of the rock genre fairly well. I am confident in saying I’ve actually heard this song getting airplay and it deserves every second of the airplay that it gets.

“Back In The Rain” starts softly with a keyboard and electronic riff, with Webb’s vocals before going into a Linkin Park-esque chorus, the song is a great with the powerful song “Liar”, and has a lot more bass in it than “Liar”. The next song “Questions” comes in with a clear cut, which wasn’t acoustically appeasing, but the song has an eerie feeling to it, it is also a very bass filled song, but the basic guitar riffs enlighten the song and adds to it’s eerie appeal. “Here’s To You” continues on the darker side of this album, as the rock continues. This song reminds me the most of a Breaking Benjamin song, though I can’t put my finger on it.

Continuing, the acoustic and violin in “Selfless” is a change of pace for Human Resources. It seems like a break from the hard rock, with subtle pianos coming in with the three beautiful instruments blending in perfectly, making this one of the more beautiful songs on the album, with the drums and guitars returning later in the song, meshing the rock and the beauty to make a masterpiece in terms of musical talent.

“Refuge From The Wreckage” picks up from “Selfless” and the band gets right back to work on teaching you what rock is all about. This median paced song seems like it could pick up at any moment, but the tempo remains the same. “Dialysis” comes after “Refuge From The Wreckage” and starts with an acoustic introduction before going back to rock teaching mode, with a faster tempo indicated by the acoustic intro, it goes back and forth between the acoustic guitar and electric guitar, showing the world how these two instruments can be played together to create a good sounding songs.

“Changing Colors” starts with an instrument that I’ve never heard before and is very electronic before going into a fast drumbeat. This song is very electronically influenced before going back to it’s normal sound that we all love about this band. “Fool For You” seems to continue on the acoustic/rock element that It’s Alive has learned to use very well in this album, this song seems to show off Webb’s vocal skill fairly well, with the ending of the song with just him singing. The last song of the album, “Can’t Love Me” shows that this song is one of the most electronic song on the album. This song is very soft and even features a guest singer, Carolyne Neuman, who is perfect with Zach Webb in creating this awesome and killer ending song to this album.

In the end, I would recommend this album to anyone who wants to listen to some normal rock, or an alternative to the “post-hardcore” scene, or just plain good music. Human Resources is a good introduction album and Wind-up did a good job of signing them.

Recommended If You LikeLinkin Park, Breaking Benjamin, Nickleback, Finger Eleven, and any artist from Wind-up or are thanked on the back of their album cover, as well as any rock group.

http://www.itsaliverock.com/
http://www.myspace.com/itsalive
http://www.facebook.com/itsalive
This review is a user submitted review from ohhichris. You can see all of ohhichris's submitted reviews here.

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version