Username
Password

03:43 AM on 01/14/11 
User Info.
nud0
Shoop ba-doop
San Diego, CA
Male - 28 Years Old
I know you spent years designing and developing this magnificent looking site design, but it's looked the same for the last 5 years and functions exactly the same. When you announced a new design a few years back I assumed you were going to roll out with a new design and progress the site like the music scene. Silly me.

No one does websites like this anymore. You have so much content that could be taken out, integrated and simplified. This could be a top tier music blog again if the design wasn't such a piece of shit.

Let's compare: Pitchfork has more content (less of a community) but almost 3 times of traffic and design is a big part of that. Take stereogum (another buzzmedia classic) copycat'd PF and is double your traffic. Get back in the swing of things like the old days.

I remember the design back in the day when Home Grown graced the top featured spot like it owned the place, way before sliders, way before people featured things the way they do today. It's almost as if you gave up since buzzmedia. You kept it the way it is because you're afraid of change and the users you might loose because of it. I'm sure you want to get past your 150k monthly, so change, it could be for the best.

Simplify it goddamn it.
08:00 PM on 01/14/11 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
I know you spent years designing and developing this magnificent looking site design, but it's looked the same for the last 5 years and functions exactly the same. When you announced a new design a few years back I assumed you were going to roll out with a new design and progress the site like the music scene. Silly me.

No one does websites like this anymore. You have so much content that could be taken out, integrated and simplified. This could be a top tier music blog again if the design wasn't such a piece of shit.

Let's compare: Pitchfork has more content (less of a community) but almost 3 times of traffic and design is a big part of that. Take stereogum (another buzzmedia classic) copycat'd PF and is double your traffic. Get back in the swing of things like the old days.

I remember the design back in the day when Home Grown graced the top featured spot like it owned the place, way before sliders, way before people featured things the way they do today. It's almost as if you gave up since buzzmedia. You kept it the way it is because you're afraid of change and the users you might loose because of it. I'm sure you want to get past your 150k monthly, so change, it could be for the best.

Simplify it goddamn it.
Dumbass.
02:02 PM on 01/15/11 
User Info.
BornUnderPunches
I am not a dirty god
--------------------
Male

Simplify it goddamn it.
Jason's been working on a new design for quite a few months now. Read his blog.
05:02 AM on 02/13/11 
User Info.
someguy03
I came in the Site Improvements / Feedback to say something about this as well. I went from reading AP every day to about once every couple weeks now (if that). The site looks VERY dated and it's hard to navigate. Glad a new design is being worked on.

I hope the front page is being redone so that there is room for images and gallerys in the posts (something like Engadget). I hate how I have to do so much clicking, and have to "hit the replies" for every piece of content. I'm sure it's efficient to keep everything in those fixed boxes with the 29x16 thumbnails so that you can fit 50 pieces of news on one page, but it's just not realistic anymore IMO, media is the center of everything. I understand that not every post deserves/needs an image with it, so I hope you found a great way to sort the news content.

I honestly only come on here to check out the bigger bands that I know (architects, blink, weezer, etc), and I just don't have time to sort through all the smaller band news, so again I hope everything will be sorted well.
11:40 PM on 03/10/11 
User Info.
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
Twin Cities, MN
Male - 25 Years Old
Excited to see the new version when it does come out...I think this version is extremely easy to navigate, it's clean and simple but yes I'd agree that in 2011, it looks dated. Don't really care though.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos