Username
Password
Video Games News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Video Games
Inside AP.net

Games Round-Up (01/23/11)

Posted by: Linda Ferreira (01/23/11)
This week's Games Round-Up can be read in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 41
03:50 PM on 01/23/11
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
User Info.
Games Round-Up Thanks to Jim for putting this together:

I have to make this quick, because here in Chicago there's apparently some huge football game today. Let me google it, hold on. Oh yeah, it's the Bears vs. Packers which, I think this is the Super Bowl, right? Yeah, it's probably the Super Bowl. Since I'm not going to watch it, and it's not even on yet, I'm going to pretend like it's going on right now. Here we go! First, the coin toss, the winner? YOU!

SONY

Killzone 3 is coming with access to the SOCOM 4 beta.

Rumor has it that the first 3 Metal Gear Solid games are getting an HD facelift for the PS3.

NINTENDO

Nintendo revealed all sorts of details about the 3DS. It's out March 27th for $249, it comes in blue or black, and there will be 30 games by June 7th. Also, I bet you play a couple games in 3D, then that slider goes down to 2D and stays there, for a very long time.

MICROSOFT

Gears of War Ultimate Edition is actually called Gears of War Triple Pack. Which contains all three Gears of War games. Oh, wait, no it doesn't, it includes Gears of War 1 and 2, and all the DLC. Soooooooo yeah. The good news is that it's $29.99 and will be out February 15th.

Speaking of Gears of War, Epic Games has trademarked Gears of War: Exile. What could it be??

PC

OnLive PlayPack is in open beta until the end of the month.

There has been no update on Half-Life 2: Episode 3. Frowns.

Telltale is PROBABLY working on a Walking Dead game.

EVERYTHING ELSE

Square Enix announced a boatload of titles including Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Type-0, and Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream, Drop, Distance.

Also, here's a leaked trailer for Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

Activision has decided it would be best to close Bizarre Creations the creators of Blur.

Disney Interactive has closed Propaganda Studios makers of the Tron Legacy game and the canceled Pirates of the Caribbean game.

Homefront DLC will be exclusive to the Xbox 360 for a indeterminate amount of time. An Xbox 360 exclusive map titled Suburbs will be available on the game's launch day.

The LA Times is reporting that what's left of Infinity Ward is teaming up with Sledgehammer Games to have Modern Warfare 3 out this November. Raven Software who were responsible for the Black Ops' multiplayer maps is in charge of the multiplayer portion.

Speaking of Modern Warfare, Activision has successfully added EA to it's lawsuit against Infinity Ward. Part of the amendment claims that Infinity Ward purposely pushed back the release date of Modern Warfare 2's first map pack so that it wouldn't interfere with EA's release of Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

A new trailer for LA Noire is coming out Monday, but it leaked early and claims a May 17th release date. The trailer has since been pulled.

Watch a trailer for Call of Duty: Black Ops first map pack here.

PSAs

Double Fine's PSN/XBLA game Stacking will be out Feb. 8th on PSN and Feb. 9th on XBLA.

Dreamcast Collection is in stores 2/22

Playstation Move Heroes is out 3/22

There will be a Bulletstorm demo on 1/25

Yakuza 3 will be out on March 25th

Mortal Kombat will be in stores April 19th

RELEASES

Dead Space 2 (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)

Two Worlds II (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)

Lords of Arcana (PSP)

LINKS

Looking for links to video game news?

Four Player Co-Op
Joystiq
Kotaku
1UP
Destructoid
MTV Multiplayer
CVG

Contributor: be mine

I was going to make the football thing a running gag, but I seriously don't know enough about football to make it work. Your loss! It probably would have been really funny. Make sure you go to Four Player Co-Op and follow us on Twitter. You can follow me on Twitter, and I think that's it.
04:05 PM on 01/23/11
Simulcast
No more gold lights
User Info.
Rise and shine, Be Mine. Rise and shine. Not that I wish to imply you have been sleeping on the job. No-one is more deserving of a rest. And all the effort in the world would have gone to waste until... well, let's just say your hour has come again. The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So, wake up, Be Mine. Wake up and GIVE ME EPISODE 3 NEWS VALVE I BEG OF YOU.

04:15 PM on 01/23/11
pasthefence49
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
^^ this half life 3 fan is why I still check this thread
04:23 PM on 01/23/11
DeviateRogue
Valar Morghulis
User Info.
So excited for Dead Space 2. It's sad to see Bizzare Creations close, I enjoyed Blur, such a fun multiplayer experience with friends!
04:33 PM on 01/23/11
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
User Info.
I just want some Resident Evil news
05:26 PM on 01/23/11
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
The dead space commercials with the moms have been funny
05:27 PM on 01/23/11
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
Dead Space 2 will absolutely rule my next week. Won't stop until i beat it.
05:34 PM on 01/23/11
JZebrak57
I am not a registered user
User Info.
I just want some Resident Evil news
THIS. I'm probably going to buy a 3DS so I can buy Mercenaries and Revelations. Hopefully they'll hold me over until news on RE6 is released.

Will definitely be trying out the Bulletstorm demo, and will consider buying the Mortal Kombat game as long as reviews are good.
06:07 PM on 01/23/11
schmohawk
schmucko supremo
User Info.
la noire looks unreal. can't wait to play that shit
06:13 PM on 01/23/11
CheckeredFloors
nah
User Info.
New Kingdom Hearts game!
06:16 PM on 01/23/11
be mine
Video games are for children
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The dead space commercials with the moms have been funny
So, you must be under 17 then?
06:32 PM on 01/23/11
Psib
When I get home I'll get high alone
User Info.
bummed about hl3... lolz,
but kinda exited about FF XIII-2
06:43 PM on 01/23/11
DeviateRogue
Valar Morghulis
User Info.
So, you must be under 17 then?
I can't stand those commercials, they make the game look weak. Oh yeah, this game is violent, buy it! Stoked for it none-the-less, loved the first.
07:29 PM on 01/23/11
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
Activision are a bunch of greedy douchebags.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests