Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts
03:29 AM on 01/24/11
MorningStar10
the other Kyle.
User Info.
I was gonna go to this, but i really can't stand Mumford and Sons and their fans.
03:37 AM on 01/24/11
MorningStar10
the other Kyle.
User Info.
I don't think they'll be all too recognisable in a field of 60,000 people.

You will be able to spot the mumford fans in abundant. Hoping for some better bands to play Hyde Park this year, saw Pearl Jam last year and Neil Young the year before.
02:42 PM on 01/24/11
MorningStar10
the other Kyle.
User Info.
Oh yeah I agree with you, it's so frequently the way though nowadays. Bands get hooked onto by publications and run with them, which is often really detremental to their career in the long run. But I'm glad they are humble about it and aren't paying too much attention or cashing in. Rather see these guys (particularly as I'm a huge fan anyways) being talked about than that lame excuse for a band, Brother.

You can't compare Brother and Vaccines toilet circuit plight however, they were in Kill the Arcade and Wolf Am I touring the country for 3 years in shitty venues, when i saw Kill the Arcade there must have been about 15 people there, and Brother not too long ago were playing gigs to similar amounts of people (in one case in Kingston, they had to run away from the promoter after the gig for not bringing enough fans). They have been ambitious and for some reason or another the british press and music industry have latched on to them as a sort of saviours of guitar music, along side Vaccines. Vaccines have done well to get a gig don't get me wrong, but Brother aren't a lame excuse for a band when you look at how much work they have put in to finally arrive at this grit/brit pop orientated band.
02:46 PM on 01/24/11
MorningStar10
the other Kyle.
User Info.
Also part of the reason for my hate on Mumford is how Uni students have just taken them in and they all bum them when a band such as Noah and the Whale are just far surperior, and also I can't relate to the religious undertones on 'Sigh no more'

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos