xsinkshipsx
@alexmacwilliam
User Info.
*hipsters everywhere blow their collective loads all over their computer
10:45 AM on 01/24/11
Deadbolt01
soundcloud.com/dellauk
User Info.
SHIT just seen this. I'm so there. Any ideas how much itll be?
10:51 AM on 01/24/11
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
SHIT just seen this. I'm so there. Any ideas how much itll be?
About £50-55 each.
10:56 AM on 01/24/11
Isolated
is awesome.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'd love to see this gig, might try and get tickets as they go on sale just before my birthday. Arcade Fire, Beirut and The Vaccines would be sweet. Mumford & Sons are a good support over here I think, they would get the crowd really ready for Arcade Fire, not saying they are the best choice or something I'd be dying to see at this gig, but I think it will work well.

Proud of The Vaccines though, that's such a big deal for them to get. Very cool.
I really like the Vaccines, but I can't help but feel they've gotten a bit of a massive leg up. The guitarist (I think) mum is a millionaire and owns loads of property in Kensington.
11:20 AM on 01/24/11
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
I really like the Vaccines, but I can't help but feel they've gotten a bit of a massive leg up. The guitarist (I think) mum is a millionaire and owns loads of property in Kensington.
And...? That hasn't effected the fact that even whilst they were on the BBC Sound of 2011 lists and getting hyped and talked about, they still went out and did the toilet circuit and played shows in the back rooms and bars etc.

They only announced about an hour ago that their biggest UK headline date is at London's Electric Ballroom, other bands in their position a few years ago would have gone straight to the Astoria or something. I don't think it's a negative thing or that there's some sort of agenda behind the fact some have wealthy families, unless I'm misreading it and that's not what you meant?
11:20 AM on 01/24/11
Deadbolt01
soundcloud.com/dellauk
User Info.
BALLS.
11:28 AM on 01/24/11
Isolated
is awesome.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
And...? That hasn't effected the fact that even whilst they were on the BBC Sound of 2011 lists and getting hyped and talked about, they still went out and did the toilet circuit and played shows in the back rooms and bars etc.

They only announced about an hour ago that their biggest UK headline date is at London's Electric Ballroom, other bands in their position a few years ago would have gone straight to the Astoria or something. I don't think it's a negative thing or that there's some sort of agenda behind the fact some have wealthy families, unless I'm misreading it and that's not what you meant?
I just mean money goes a long way in any industry. They were front page of the NME not long ago and also they were announced on the NME Awards tour before they'd even been nominated for Sound of 2011 or anything like that. I don't think they've had it hard whatsoever really. They're currently in the US doing a handful of small gigs there, one of which was attended by Blondie. Playing tiny venues can't be that hard either when you know for a fact that you'll never play a venue that small ever again. It's just all a bit too commercial for me. Don't get me wrong though, I love the relatively small amount of stuff they've put out.
11:33 AM on 01/24/11
isntnikione
I've never heard of you either!
User Info.
you don't have to be hipster to find this line up absolutely perfect.
11:34 AM on 01/24/11
Ailite
one bright dusk
User Info.
Its news to me that people don't like Mumford and Sons.
11:36 AM on 01/24/11
pleasedontpanic
I believe. Help my unbelief.
User Info.
Arcade Fire and Beirut would be killer.
11:43 AM on 01/24/11
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
I just mean money goes a long way in any industry. They were front page of the NME not long ago and also they were announced on the NME Awards tour before they'd even been nominated for Sound of 2011 or anything like that. I don't think they've had it hard whatsoever really. They're currently in the US doing a handful of small gigs there, one of which was attended by Blondie. Playing tiny venues can't be that hard either when you know for a fact that you'll never play a venue that small ever again. It's just all a bit too commercial for me. Don't get me wrong though, I love the relatively small amount of stuff they've put out.
Yeah, they clearly haven't had it hard because they've been getting a lot of love and they admit they've gone from doing gigs with a bunch of curious people to having crowds getting into it much more in a very short space of time. I don't think it's fair to assume all of that love or attention is down to them having some money from their families behind them.

If people are liking their songs and they are selling out shows, good on them. I don't think it's necessary for every band to have to struggle for years until they catch a break. Some get lucky, and fair play. (This goes without mentioning the fact a few of them were in bands previously that weren't paid much attention at all). What difference does it make if they were playing a show where Debbie Harry (not Blondie) attended by the way? You made that sound like a negative point or like they'd paid her to be there. People are clearly enjoying the music for what it is.

That's cool though, I'm glad you like it, I can't wait to see them this Saturday and for the album to drop.

Interesting points and whatnot though.
11:50 AM on 01/24/11
JordanBuell
and sail belly up to the clouds
User Info.
Nah I don't think so, they are really adored over here too, but I guess the standard backlash is happening a bit now. They've been around and played on the radio a lot over here for longer than over there.

And obviously some people may not like them. I don't think they should be main support for such a huge gig as this.
Hmm weird. All i know is i would kill to see a show with this lineup.
12:38 PM on 01/24/11
Isolated
is awesome.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah, they clearly haven't had it hard because they've been getting a lot of love and they admit they've gone from doing gigs with a bunch of curious people to having crowds getting into it much more in a very short space of time. I don't think it's fair to assume all of that love or attention is down to them having some money from their families behind them.

If people are liking their songs and they are selling out shows, good on them. I don't think it's necessary for every band to have to struggle for years until they catch a break. Some get lucky, and fair play. (This goes without mentioning the fact a few of them were in bands previously that weren't paid much attention at all). What difference does it make if they were playing a show where Debbie Harry (not Blondie) attended by the way? You made that sound like a negative point or like they'd paid her to be there. People are clearly enjoying the music for what it is.

That's cool though, I'm glad you like it, I can't wait to see them this Saturday and for the album to drop.

Interesting points and whatnot though.
Oops at the Blondie thing! Textbook. I wasn't implying she was paid to be there, but that they're hugely hyped.

I suppose it's me just being picky. I like my bands to have a bit of rags to riches/underdog story I suppose, it makes the music seem more real and relatable to me. I feel the same about most artists like that though I guess.

I'm not seeing them until the NME tour in Brighton, looking forward to them though. Probably as much as I'm looking forward to Everything Everything.
12:44 PM on 01/24/11
charliebucket
http://facebook.com/charliebucketuk
User Info.

I agree with you about money not having anything to do with it, but as a band I think they have come out of no where pretty quick. I don't know much about the rest of the band, but I have been following Justin since his early days in my city, and it wasn't even a year ago that he was still a solo artist.

It's great that they are getting this exposure and this is a fantastic gig (good to see Justin back on the bill with his old friends from Mumford) but it does seem that their rise to fame has been pretty damn quick.
01:00 PM on 01/24/11
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
I agree with you about money not having anything to do with it, but as a band I think they have come out of no where pretty quick. I don't know much about the rest of the band, but I have been following Justin since his early days in my city, and it wasn't even a year ago that he was still a solo artist.

It's great that they are getting this exposure and this is a fantastic gig (good to see Justin back on the bill with his old friends from Mumford) but it does seem that their rise to fame has been pretty damn quick.
Oh yeah I agree with you, it's so frequently the way though nowadays. Bands get hooked onto by publications and run with them, which is often really detremental to their career in the long run. But I'm glad they are humble about it and aren't paying too much attention or cashing in. Rather see these guys (particularly as I'm a huge fan anyways) being talked about than that lame excuse for a band, Brother.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos