Username
Password
Arcade Fire News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 41 of 41.
12:06 PM on 01/24/11
Deadbolt01
soundcloud.com/dellauk
User Info.
The singer, as Jay Jay Pistolet, was scratching about for ages getting nowhere before the Vaccines happened. He was just about to give up on music, I heard. It IS a nice story. They're taking it in the best possible way. It's not like they chose to come from a privileged background, and I don't believe there's evidence of them exploiting it in any way.

Brother are shit.
12:31 PM on 01/24/11
charliebucket
http://facebook.com/charliebucketuk
User Info.
The singer, as Jay Jay Pistolet, was scratching about for ages getting nowhere before the Vaccines happened. He was just about to give up on music, I heard. It IS a nice story. They're taking it in the best possible way. It's not like they chose to come from a privileged background, and I don't believe there's evidence of them exploiting it in any way.

Brother are shit.
I really liked his Pistolet stuff, simple folk songs but the lyrics were great. Have to see about the Vaccines, but so far my opinion is one of indifference. Songs are OK, not groundbreaking, but catchy enough for me to buy the record. I think after a while he'll get bored of the Vaccines and go solo / pursue another musical direction. Dude just loves music and being on trend, can't fault him for that.
01:01 PM on 01/24/11
Deadbolt01
soundcloud.com/dellauk
User Info.
I really liked his Pistolet stuff, simple folk songs but the lyrics were great. Have to see about the Vaccines, but so far my opinion is one of indifference. Songs are OK, not groundbreaking, but catchy enough for me to buy the record. I think after a while he'll get bored of the Vaccines and go solo / pursue another musical direction. Dude just loves music and being on trend, can't fault him for that.
not convinced. 4 guys appear very chilled out and not the sorts to have a band-ruining argument and I think Justin likes the Vaccines a lot. I think they'll be around for quite a while. Not to say there won't be some Jay Jay on the side at some stage.
02:17 PM on 01/24/11
Iownaps3
User Info.
I'm not really getting all the hate for Mumford And Sons, seeing as how they were on a ton of Best of 2010 lists, including a lot on this very site?!? Maybe that's why everyone is hating on them.

Either way, I'd kill to see Arcade Fire with Mumford and Sons, and I'm not even hipster!!
02:42 PM on 01/24/11
MorningStar10
the other Kyle.
User Info.
Oh yeah I agree with you, it's so frequently the way though nowadays. Bands get hooked onto by publications and run with them, which is often really detremental to their career in the long run. But I'm glad they are humble about it and aren't paying too much attention or cashing in. Rather see these guys (particularly as I'm a huge fan anyways) being talked about than that lame excuse for a band, Brother.

You can't compare Brother and Vaccines toilet circuit plight however, they were in Kill the Arcade and Wolf Am I touring the country for 3 years in shitty venues, when i saw Kill the Arcade there must have been about 15 people there, and Brother not too long ago were playing gigs to similar amounts of people (in one case in Kingston, they had to run away from the promoter after the gig for not bringing enough fans). They have been ambitious and for some reason or another the british press and music industry have latched on to them as a sort of saviours of guitar music, along side Vaccines. Vaccines have done well to get a gig don't get me wrong, but Brother aren't a lame excuse for a band when you look at how much work they have put in to finally arrive at this grit/brit pop orientated band.
02:46 PM on 01/24/11
MorningStar10
the other Kyle.
User Info.
Also part of the reason for my hate on Mumford is how Uni students have just taken them in and they all bum them when a band such as Noah and the Whale are just far surperior, and also I can't relate to the religious undertones on 'Sigh no more'
03:36 PM on 01/24/11
Metal Now
Talking about the second and third
User Info.
Holy fuck my girlfriend will spazzing.
03:53 PM on 01/24/11
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
You can't compare Brother and Vaccines toilet circuit plight however, they were in Kill the Arcade and Wolf Am I touring the country for 3 years in shitty venues, when i saw Kill the Arcade there must have been about 15 people there, and Brother not too long ago were playing gigs to similar amounts of people (in one case in Kingston, they had to run away from the promoter after the gig for not bringing enough fans). They have been ambitious and for some reason or another the british press and music industry have latched on to them as a sort of saviours of guitar music, along side Vaccines. Vaccines have done well to get a gig don't get me wrong, but Brother aren't a lame excuse for a band when you look at how much work they have put in to finally arrive at this grit/brit pop orientated band.
I wasn't comparing the two in terms of work or venues they've played at. I was comparing the attitudes of them more than anything. As you said, those two had a cover each on NME a couple of weeks ago and being marked as saviours of guitar music etc. over here and whatever other nonsense, so the comment against Brother comes from The Vaccines being incredibly humble about their position and not taking the hype to heart or letting it effect them in any way and Brother acting the biggest wannabes and arrogant children. I'd much rather read about these guys than Brother because I can't stand the type of people they come across as.
07:27 PM on 01/24/11
DItaliaO
User Info.
damn arcade fire, you think we could get a full North American tour? we would like to see your rock show over here.
09:45 PM on 01/24/11
atainder
freaks r revolutionaries r freaks
User Info.
I wish I could go to this. Arcade Fire and Beirut would be wonderful.
11:00 AM on 01/25/11
AdamChildress
Wondrous Oblivion.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
mmmm Beirut =)
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates