AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Smartpunk News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Smartpunk
Inside AP.net

Smartpunk Announces 3 More Bands For Smartpunk...

Posted by: Rohan Kohli (02/19/07)
Smartpunk has announced that Anberlin, Alesana, and Bless the Fall have been added to the list of bands to perfom on the Smartpunk stage for this year's Warped Tour.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 64
04:13 PM on 02/19/07
wahwah16
User Info.
ooh anberlin
04:16 PM on 02/19/07
kbauer
BOAN.
User Info.
Is this officially Anberlin News Day?

Seriously every thread is Anberlin today lol
04:18 PM on 02/19/07
PunkVideoGuys
Lawson Lover
User Info.
why is anberlin playhing something as small as smartpunk? they should be no lower than hurley stage with maybe half the days being on the mainstage
04:20 PM on 02/19/07
falloutboy.
yo
User Info.
this is amazing news. and this stage is perfect for anberlin. oh man im excited.
04:24 PM on 02/19/07
Waitingtofall4
Oi!
User Info.
Anberlin, this is golden
thisismyname
User Info.
Quote:
this is amazing news. and this stage is perfect for anberlin. oh man im excited.

Really?
I kind of agree with PunkVideoGuys, the SmartPunk stage seems pretty small for Anberlin. Oh well, its no biggie, at least there on the tour!
falloutboy.
yo
User Info.
Is this officially Anberlin News Day?

Seriously every thread is Anberlin today lol
they kinda do have some big release coming out tomorrow, ya know..
04:26 PM on 02/19/07
falloutboy.
yo
User Info.
Really?
I kind of agree with PunkVideoGuys, the SmartPunk stage seems pretty small for Anberlin. Oh well, its no biggie, at least there on the tour!
did you see where cartel played at warped last summer? this stage is perfect. intimate and everything. and these guys havent gotten big yet.
04:31 PM on 02/19/07
thisismyname
User Info.
did you see where cartel played at warped last summer? this stage is perfect. intimate and everything. and these guys havent gotten big yet.

Trust me, Im glad there playing this stage rather than a bigger one, it just took me a little by surprise. I mean, there pretty big, there on a headlining tour right now playing in 1,500+ people venues, which most of the other bands on the SmartPunk stage have gotten no where close to doing. But hey, i bet there getting a pretty nice check from SmartPunk because getting these bigger bands on there smaller stages gets the smartpunk name out there alot more, and gives the fans a nice intimate performance, so its a win win for Anberlin. (hah! I rhymed!)
04:36 PM on 02/19/07
bjam12
Not this year
User Info.
Trust me, Im glad there playing this stage rather than a bigger one, it just took me a little by surprise. I mean, there pretty big, there on a headlining tour right now playing in 1,500+ people venues, which most of the other bands on the SmartPunk stage have gotten no where close to doing. But hey, i bet there getting a pretty nice check from SmartPunk because getting these bigger bands on there smaller stages gets the smartpunk name out there alot more, and gives the fans a nice intimate performance, so its a win win for Anberlin. (hah! I rhymed!)

I agree with ya. Do you think Emery is as big as Anberlin? Cause they played Smartpunk last year.
04:39 PM on 02/19/07
ascitiesburn101
adam
User Info.
hot damn. three anberlin posts in a row. i haven't heard one song or clip off the new album. im picking it up tommorow though for sure, hopefully it's good.
04:41 PM on 02/19/07
falloutboy.
yo
User Info.
the smartpunk stage is arguably the best stage (imo) that warped tour has year in and year out. this year it already has yanked in anberlin, set your goals, haste the day, drop dead, gorgeous, fall of troy, so they say, envy on the coast. regardless, this is slowly shaping into another solid warped tour and i cant wait to see anberlin.
04:43 PM on 02/19/07
konstantine94
The City That Reads
User Info.
Yay. I hope it's not insanely crowded the way that Ernie Ball was for Cartel.
04:45 PM on 02/19/07
shaysexpanther
User Info.
anberlin good

other two bands

bad
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives