AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Hopeless Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

We Are The In Crowd Live Videos

Posted by - 01:29 PM on 01/25/11
Click here to watch We Are The In Crowd perform acoustically from the Glamour Kills warehouse this past weekend, including a cover of Bruno Mars' "Grenade".

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 29
01:38 PM on 01/25/11
karadoll
Open up a little happiness today.
User Info.
Probably would have liked the cover more had it not been acoustic, but I still thought it was decent.
01:46 PM on 01/25/11
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
Bruno Mars is the modern James Blunt. People loved him at first for his horrendous song, "You're Beautiful." Then everyone realized how terrible he was and offered him like 3 million dollars to never make music again.

I feel like "Just the Way You Are" is Bruno Mars' "You're Beautiful."
01:52 PM on 01/25/11
firewater
the ransom
User Info.
Bruno Mars is the modern James Blunt. People loved him at first for his horrendous song, "You're Beautiful." Then everyone realized how terrible he was and offered him like 3 million dollars to never make music again.

except Bruno Mars isn't a one-trick pony. James Blunts' song was written for him by someone while Bruno Mars writes his own and others music. You can't deny that some of his songs are pretty good guitar/piano pop.
02:00 PM on 01/25/11
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.

false
02:04 PM on 01/25/11
Freshman15Davey
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Bruno Mars is so flipping good live! He's the man.. Amanda Bynes style.
02:09 PM on 01/25/11
InBetweenAisles
WeReadTheSignsCompletelyB ackwards
User Info.
Good performance. Solid band. Tay sounded great.
02:46 PM on 01/25/11
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
except Bruno Mars isn't a one-trick pony. James Blunts' song was written for him by someone while Bruno Mars writes his own and others music. You can't deny that some of his songs are pretty good guitar/piano pop.
How do you know James Blunt didn't write that song and how do you know Bruno Mars did write his? Both songs deal with the exact same theme, and they are equally bad.

And yes, I can deny that his songs are "good." "Just The Way You Are" is the one of the worst songs out there right now.
Thanks for basically agreeing with me. By offering no reasoning behind your disagreement you make no case as to how it is false. Both songs have the exact same overall theme, and both are equally annoying. I just hope people realize how bad Bruno Mars is sooner than they did James Blunt.
02:46 PM on 01/25/11
galacticfates
User Info.

Whoa Whoa Whoa.. Don't hate on the Blunt.
03:02 PM on 01/25/11
irthesteve
User Info.
How do you know James Blunt didn't write that song and how do you know Bruno Mars did write his? Both songs deal with the exact same theme, and they are equally bad.

And yes, I can deny that his songs are "good." "Just The Way You Are" is the one of the worst songs out there right now.
Thanks for basically agreeing with me. By offering no reasoning behind your disagreement you make no case as to how it is false. Both songs have the exact same overall theme, and both are equally annoying. I just hope people realize how bad Bruno Mars is sooner than they did James Blunt.

James Blunt had one crappy cheesy song that was a hit. Bruno Mars has 3 Top 10 hits so far, the first of which is a cheesy love song. Blunt has a shitty voice, Bruno does not. You don't like either songs. Cool story bro.

EDIT: lets change that to 2 #1 singles, and a #1 and #4 single as a featured artist
03:06 PM on 01/25/11
Mikeallover
User Info.
Their singer is cute but she really needs to work on singing live..
03:14 PM on 01/25/11
bethepilot
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jruaH_WLj0s -no need for words, take a look and listen to that...hes the truth. more originality and talent than 80 percent of music out today. cmonnn mengg
03:17 PM on 01/25/11
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
James Blunt had one crappy cheesy song that was a hit. Bruno Mars has 3 Top 10 hits so far, the first of which is a cheesy love song. Blunt has a shitty voice, Bruno does not. You don't like either songs. Cool story bro.

EDIT: lets change that to 2 #1 singles, and a #1 and #4 single as a featured artist
Cool Story bro.

James Blunt is a multi-grammy winning, multi-platinum (on probably 3 or 4 continents and 20 countries) recording artist. Oh, and that is for more than one album.

Just because Bruno Mars has a #1 song doesn't mean he's good. James Blunt is proof of that.
03:29 PM on 01/25/11
irthesteve
User Info.
Cool Story bro.

James Blunt is a multi-grammy winning, multi-platinum (on probably 3 or 4 continents and 20 countries) recording artist. Oh, and that is for more than one album.

Just because Bruno Mars has a #1 song doesn't mean he's good. James Blunt is proof of that.
never won a Grammy, nice try though
03:43 PM on 01/25/11
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
never won a Grammy, nice try though
Aw man, you got me so hard. Wait... he was nominated 5 times. The argument here isn't about whether or not he won grammys or got nominated, it's about how decorated recording artists can also be terrible. Either way, 5 time nominated, world-wide multiplatnum Vs. a couple of #1 songs?

Yeah, nice try though.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version