AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Video News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Vanna Studio Update #2

Posted by - 11:24 PM on 01/26/11
Vanna has posted their second studio update, which you can check out in the replies. They are working with producer Matt Goldman (Underoath, The Chariot) on the new album, which is titled And They Came Baring Bones. The record is slated for a summer 2011 release on Artery Recordings.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 25
11:24 PM on 01/26/11
Tony Pascarella
User
User Info.
11:39 PM on 01/26/11
bentleyj98
Jimmy Bentley
User Info.
I'm proud to be a Vannamal
12:04 AM on 01/27/11
SceneRadio
User Info.
Stoked for this release. They really reinvented themselves.
12:18 AM on 01/27/11
rushour144
User Info.
I'm proud to be a Vannamal
Came on to say the same thing haha!
12:25 AM on 01/27/11
rushour144
User Info.
I have a feeling this is gonna be one of those records that you look back on 5 or 10 years down the road and go... wow... yea that type of album doesn't come around often! I have a feeling this will be their masterpiece! Come Now Sleep, Long Live are 2 others... oh and GEE Matt Goldman produced those 2 as well!!! Goldman is a genius.

Oh and I have a newfound respect for Chris... he called the bass drum a... BASS DRUM, not a KICK drum! You don't kick the drum, you beat it with a beater... it produces a bass tone and plays well with the bassist... not the kicker! Kick drum is a made up turn (that has become accepted) by sound engineers that don't know crap about drums and came around something like this, "Hey drummer, hit that drum that you kick... the uh... KICK drum (yea that's what it's called)"!!!

Sorry, one term that irks the crap out of me!
12:31 AM on 01/27/11
mattgoods
this is as social as I get now
User Info.
That snow was pretty gnarly
01:28 AM on 01/27/11
cbeall25
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this video update gets me really excited. i know this guys put a ton of effort in everything but this looks above and beyond. im liking all the dark vibes, its gonna rule.
02:05 AM on 01/27/11
thedairyfairy
User Info.
I have a feeling this is gonna be one of those records that you look back on 5 or 10 years down the road and go... wow... yea that type of album doesn't come around often! I have a feeling this will be their masterpiece! Come Now Sleep, Long Live are 2 others... oh and GEE Matt Goldman produced those 2 as well!!! Goldman is a genius.

Oh and I have a newfound respect for Chris... he called the bass drum a... BASS DRUM, not a KICK drum! You don't kick the drum, you beat it with a beater... it produces a bass tone and plays well with the bassist... not the kicker! Kick drum is a made up turn (that has become accepted) by sound engineers that don't know crap about drums and came around something like this, "Hey drummer, hit that drum that you kick... the uh... KICK drum (yea that's what it's called)"!!!

Sorry, one term that irks the crap out of me!
By all technicalities, a bass drum is the large orchestral drum used in orchestras and such, and a kick drum is used in a drum set (because you control it using your feet). At least that's what most contemporary/jazz/classical musicians go by.

Just to let you know.

Also, stoked on this, hopefully Vanna will kind of progress more and break out from that mold of breakdownxcore bands.
02:28 AM on 01/27/11
Emmure408
User Info.
more Curses & Search Party please
09:12 AM on 01/27/11
JayBee420
Bright and Early
User Info.
YESHHHHHHHH. I am going to bang these dudes so hard.
09:28 AM on 01/27/11
Handraa
.-.-.-.-.
User Info.
Love me some Goldman. Love me some Vanna.
09:38 AM on 01/27/11
zrac99
:
User Info.
I love Vanna, but I find it weird Goldman is recording all these metal bands. It's been stated in interviews he "doesn't record metal bands".
10:07 AM on 01/27/11
rushour144
User Info.
By all technicalities, a bass drum is the large orchestral drum used in orchestras and such, and a kick drum is used in a drum set (because you control it using your feet). At least that's what most contemporary/jazz/classical musicians go by.

Just to let you know.

Also, stoked on this, hopefully Vanna will kind of progress more and break out from that mold of breakdownxcore bands.
An orchestral bass drum is the same as a set bass drum dude! It's just a different size!!! A kick drum ( like I said) is a made up term by n00b drummer who continue calling that once they get good and stupid sound engineers who think they know what its called.

And still, the motion you used with your foot to control it is NOT a kick, its more of a stomp if anything.

Just to let everyone know, there is no reasoning this term with me... it's stupid in my book, haha!

But thanks for trying, I see what you were trying to say.

It sounds like Vanna already has started to progress! I give a lot to the "new" (by album standards, not band)singer Davey.
10:09 AM on 01/27/11
rushour144
User Info.
I love Vanna, but I find it weird Goldman is recording all these metal bands. It's been stated in interviews he "doesn't record metal bands".
No he doesn't, but then again he only like Classical rock! If a producer only produced what he liked, that would be petty and stupid of him. The thing about Goldman is that he sees bands that have potential and are willing to do something out of the norm, regardless of musical style.

If you recall, Goldman and the Chariot have been together since 2003 (I think), underOath since 2003 as well as As Cities Burn!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos