Username
Password
Entertainment News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Entertainment
Inside AP.net

Entertainment Round-Up (1/29/2011)

Posted by: Thomas Balkcom (01/29/11)
Check out the replies to view and discuss this week in Movie, Television, and DVD news.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 37
06:27 PM on 01/29/11
Thomas Balkcom
www.twitter.com/thomasbalkcom
User Info.
Entertainment Round-Up contributors: rest_easy, Stayillogical, and Thomas Balkcom

Industry News and Rumors:

Movies

01) The rumors have come to an end... The Dark Knight Rises will feature Tom Hardy as Bane and Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle aka Catwoman.

02) Josh Lucas has been cast as Charles Lindbergh in Clint Eastwood’s J. Edgar.

03) Take a look at some more photos of Captain America and Thor.

04) EW has the first official photo of Breaking Dawn: Part I.

05) Harry Potter news just makes the wait harder! Here’s the first photo from Part II and some details about a major death scene change.

06) New photos and a new poster for X-Men: First Class.

07) Check out some footage of Sherlock Holmes 2. I love RDJ but I wasn’t a fan of the first one. Meh.

08) Here’s a look at Blackbeard in Pirates of the Carribean 4.

09) Clint Eastwood will direct the remake of A Star is Born which has been set to star Beyonce. Yes, you read that right.

10) Sacha Baren Cohen’s The Dictator will arrive May 11, 2012.

11) Warner Bros has a list of remakes it would like to do (but currently isn’t). Obviously this is one of those lists that after reading the ridiculousness it contains will melt your face much akin to opening the Ark the only way to escape is to close your eyes. Top of the list? Lethal Weapon god have mercy.

12) Robert Downey Jr. has left Oz the Great and the Powerful.

13) Want to know which movies will have trailers airing during the Super Bowl? Well ok.

14) More news on Rian Johnson’s next film Looper... casting additions include Jeff Daniels, Piper Perabo, and Noah Segan. I have complete faith in this.

15) It’s the hard knock life for us... Will Smith is now prepping his daughter Willow Smith for the musical classic Annie.

16) Benjamin Walker will have the lead in Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter.

17) The Oscar Nominations are out. Who do you think will win?

18) As was reported earlier by AP.net Robert Pattinson is obsessed with the idea of play Jeff Buckley and one producer has met with several candidates admitting he was one of them. (At first I thought No! but then I actually listened to his music and the dude has talent. I challenge each of you to listen to one of his songs and still be skeptical. As for his acting can’t use twilight as a reference no more than Natalie Portman can use star wars. /The material was lifeless to begin with /pun.)

19) Jackass 3.5 will come out on april 1 online through Joost.com (link in trailers)

20) Reports are that Javier Bardem was offered the lead role of Roland in The Dark Tower movies.

21) David Milch (NYPD Blue, Deadwood) has been hired by Warner Bros. Pictures to adapt Heavy Rain for the big screen.

22) Viggo Mortenson looks to be joining Charlize Theron in Snow White and the Huntsmen and there is also a rumor that the studio wants Kristen Stewart to play Snow White (which would be the worst casting ever and sink the film)

23) John Travolta is eying the lead role of Gotti. (I think he’d do well)

24) Naomi Watts will play Helen Gandy in J. Edgar.

25) X-men First Class photos in hi res.

26) Simon West (The Mechanic, Con Air) wishes to work with Nick Cage after working with Nick Cage (on his next movie Medallion) for Con Air 2. Though he admits it may just be a pipe dream it’s something he would like to do.... (I hope he doesn’t)

27) How about some awesome Sucker Punch character posters? Well ok. Remember to click ‘next’ there are 5 total.

28) As important as the Oscars here are the Nominees for The Razzies. I do enjoy the inclusion of the new category ‘WORST EYE-GOUGING MIS-USE Of 3-D (Special Category for 2010!)’

29) Chris Hemsworth talked briefly on The Avengers saying hinting at a Thor vs Hulk confrontation also he said Jeremy Renner (to play Hawkeye) wasn’t on set when he was there but he didn’t deny he’ll make a cameo in Thor.

30) Anthony Hopkins is in talks to play Alfred Hitchcock in Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho.

31) According to Don Cheadle they are spinning off War Machine for his own movie but he doesn't think he'll have a place in The Avengers.

32) The lost Orson Welles film The Other Side of the Wind is looking to finally find it’s way to release.

33) Did you watch that AWESOME Mortal Kombat psuedo-trailer last summer? Well Warner Bros noticed and they are making webisodes this coming spring.

34) Keifer Sutherland says the 24 movie WILL happen.

35) Dr. Strange and Black Panther are emerging under Warner Bros as likely future films.

Television

01) Fox picks up pilots for Tim Kring (Heroes) drama Touch and Rob Thomas (Veronica Mars) comedy Little In Common.

02) Sarah Michelle Gellar will return to TV on CBS in the show The Ringer from the writers of Supernatural. "a troubled young lass on the run from the mob. She assumes the life of her wealthy twin sister, only to find out that said sibling has a bounty on her head as well."

03) Angry Birds will be coming to TV and the Internet.

04) NBC decides it will pick up David E. Kelly’s Wonder Woman.

05) Jersey Shore is going to Italy for season 4. (I hope this show loses steam soon. I’m sick of people asking me if that’s how jersey people are. No they’re not from new jersey they just invade the shore in the summer /rant).

06) I didn’t know this but The Dark Tower will be 3 movies AND a TV series all with the same cast.

07) Here are your new Thundercats.

08) Will Ferrel will guest star for a 4 episode arc on The Office.

09) Minka Kelly, Racheal Taylor and Annie LLonzeh will be the new Charlies Angels.

Newest Trailers (New Section for the newest trailers released in the past week)

01) Mother’s Day - http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/23068
02) Water for Elephants - http://www.slashfilm.com/water-elephants-international-trailer/
03) Red Riding Hood (trailer #2) - http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/redridinghood/
04) Scream 4 - http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/weinstein/scream4/
05) The Son of No One - http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2011/01/20/son-of-no-one-exclusive-trailer-channing-tatum-tracy-morgan/
06) Beginners - http://apple.com/trailers
07) Jackass 3.5 - http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=73554
08) The Conspirator - http://movies.yahoo.com/
09) The Unknown - http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=29981
10) Angels and Airwaves: Love - http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/love/
11) Insidious - http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=17840
12) Rubber - http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/rubber/

Movies Out Next Week (2/4)

The Roommate
Sanctum

DVDs Out Next Week (2/1)

Let Me In
Monsters
Hatchet II
Never Let Me Go
Night Catches Us

Absolutepunk Entertainment Links

Here's a link to December/January discussion thread for our AP.net book club. I'd love to see some more participation.
The Mechanic
Biutiful
The Roommate

-------
sources: aintitcool.com, slashfilm.com, empire.com, theavclub.com, tv.ign.com, fandango.com, videoeta.com, deadline.com, variety.com, comingsoon.net, firstshowing.com, superherohype.com

-------
If you have a bit of entertainment news you'd like to submit for next week's Round-Up, send your submission to Thomas Balkcom with "Entertainment Round-Up" in the subject header.
06:29 PM on 01/29/11
Thomas Balkcom
www.twitter.com/thomasbalkcom
User Info.
just a heads-up, I contributed zero links this week due to my computer not working most of the week. All I did was compile, huge thanks to the other two contributors.
06:34 PM on 01/29/11
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
So much good news this week in Entertainment. Wow.
07:00 PM on 01/29/11
Ian Walker
wes craven with x cravings.
User Info.
Javier Bardem as Roland would be freaking amazing.

New Thundercats looks tops, but I'm still a little wary.

I'm convinced there's absolutely no way to make Magneto's helmet look cool in real life.
07:25 PM on 01/29/11
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
Now War Machine in the Avengers movie?!
Will Ferrell on The Office, awesome!
Angry Birds tv show? Wtf
07:31 PM on 01/29/11
the sky below
User Info.
20) Reports are that Javier Bardem was offered the lead role of Roland in The Dark Tower movies.[/font][/color]

i can dig.
07:36 PM on 01/29/11
ylliB sivaD
They're blue boringers!
User Info.
Really dislike having so many opinions when I'm reading through the news. I get it. You're a movie snob. Let people like what they like.
07:37 PM on 01/29/11
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
User Info.
Heavy Rain movie kinda seems like a weird idea. The game was so much of a movie anyway. Lots of great news this week.
07:45 PM on 01/29/11
lilRIPsta
User Info.
is anyone else pumped for Sucker Punch. Emily Browning yum
07:53 PM on 01/29/11
Jamos4184
www.facebook.com/attalusmusic
User Info.
Don't get what the Academy has against Chris Nolan as a director.

And, wait, Jeff Bridges nominated for his performance in True Grit, not TRON Legacy??
08:35 PM on 01/29/11
AdamChildress
Wondrous Oblivion.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Jersey Shore...Why do they get to go to Italy =/
08:46 PM on 01/29/11
*crying stars*
... are you crazy?
User Info.
01) The rumors have come to an end... The Dark Knight Rises will feature Tom Hardy as Bane and Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle aka Catwoman.
So totally stoked.

05) Harry Potter news just makes the wait harder! Hereís the first photo from Part II and some details about a major death scene change.
Get her, Neville. Also, not sure how I'm digging the death scene change.

06) New photos and a new poster for X-Men: First Class.
Nicholas Hoult is looking GOOD in that group shot. /creepin' /knowshe'llbeblueprobablyformostofth emovie

09) Clint Eastwood will direct the remake of A Star is Born which has been set to star Beyonce. Yes, you read that right.
What is this I don't even

13) Want to know which movies will have trailers airing during the Super Bowl? Well ok.
Super 8!

14) More news on Rian Johnsonís next film Looper... casting additions include Jeff Daniels, Piper Perabo, and Noah Segan. I have complete faith in this.
JGL has been attached for so long, it's cool that they're finally starting to film.

15) Itís the hard knock life for us... Will Smith is now prepping his daughter Willow Smith for the musical classic Annie.
I WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTH DADDY WARBBUCK

17) The Oscar Nominations are out. Who do you think will win?
The Academy loves the Coen bros.

18) As was reported earlier by AP.net Robert Pattinson is obsessed with the idea of play Jeff Buckley and one producer has met with several candidates admitting he was one of them. (At first I thought No! but then I actually listened to his music and the dude has talent. I challenge each of you to listen to one of his songs and still be skeptical. As for his acting canít use twilight as a reference no more than Natalie Portman can use star wars. /The material was lifeless to begin with /pun.)
Bad news bears. All of it.

22) Viggo Mortenson looks to be joining Charlize Theron in Snow White and the Huntsmen and there is also a rumor that the studio wants Kristen Stewart to play Snow White (which would be the worst casting ever and sink the film)
You think Pattinson can pull off Buckley but don't think Stewart can play Snow White? Weird.

27) How about some awesome Sucker Punch character posters? Well ok. Remember to click Ďnextí there are 5 total.
Jamie Chung!

Television
02) Sarah Michelle Gellar will return to TV on CBS in the show The Ringer from the writers of Supernatural. "a troubled young lass on the run from the mob. She assumes the life of her wealthy twin sister, only to find out that said sibling has a bounty on her head as well."
I hope it does well.

03) Angry Birds will be coming to TV and the Internet.
WHY

04) NBC decides it will pick up David E. Kellyís Wonder Woman.
I'm skeptical.
08:57 PM on 01/29/11
Basketcase
User Info.
i will unleash the fury of hell if a Lethal Weapon remake is made
09:06 PM on 01/29/11
stevenisfading
stronger
User Info.
Pretty excited to see Sucker Punch. Emily Browning is gorgeous.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests