Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 43 of 43
08:42 PM on 01/30/11
LoadedGunX21
21 and invincible..
User Info.
huh... i thought they had broken up. how bout that.
09:02 PM on 01/30/11
Mr.Christopher
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
NRNR wasn't really generic at all, hardly any band does that eerie and malevolent type of post-hardcore/metalcore as well as they do (Go West had some of that feel but not as much), and Ryan's screams actually sound pretty menacing on that record (and not really like most other screamers in their scene) and I loved the dirty and buzzsaw style riffs that hard a hint of technical flair to it.

If anything I think bringing back some singing wouldn't go amiss, but I like that they're heavy now, should keep going in the NRNR direction imo but add some clean vocals.
I respectfully disagree. I think Go West had wayy more of that eerie feel. It had a distinct feel. That's I think what made that record different than any other album ive ever heard. No Rain got less of that eerie feel (although it had it) and just more heavy and more predictable in my opinion.
10:19 PM on 01/30/11
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
sometimes i think this band never truly progressed. i hope they change my mind.
10:41 PM on 01/30/11
CorySpotts
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hey guys,

I've been talking with the band about the direction of the record for a couple of months now, and (I'm not speaking for the band here) it looks to me like the new record will be bringing back more of the melodic/progressive/dynamic elements of "Go West" but will also retain much of the heaviness of NRNR. I think the general feeling about NRNR (again, not speaking for the band) was that it was approached more as a straight-up heavy, raw, aggressive record, but it lacked the dynamics, texture, melody, and atmosphere that "Go West" had. I'd personally like to bring back more of those elements and I'm sure the Greeley guys feel the same.

Personally, as a musician/music lover/producer I've always liked bands with more progressive elements so I'm really excited about working with the guys to bring those types of elements out in the music, and I'm really excited to start work on the new record. Hopefully everyone will like (or at least respect) what the band are trying to do with the new stuff, I'm sure they can't wait for everyone to hear it.

Love,
Cory Spotts
12:37 AM on 01/31/11
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
NRNR was really good I thought. Go West was good, but it was your standard screamo album from that year more or less. I think touring with ABR is what made them throw in blast beats and shit like that on NRNR. Either way I'm excited to see where they take this album.
12:37 AM on 01/31/11
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
NRNR was really good I thought. Go West was good, but it was your standard screamo album from that year more or less. I think touring with ABR is what made them throw in blast beats and shit like that on NRNR. Either way I'm excited to see where they take this album.
02:47 AM on 01/31/11
deadelement
magic asian
User Info.
I respectfully disagree. I think Go West had wayy more of that eerie feel. It had a distinct feel. That's I think what made that record different than any other album ive ever heard. No Rain got less of that eerie feel (although it had it) and just more heavy and more predictable in my opinion.

Well that's fair enough, I can see why you would think that, I think there was less variety compared to Go West which was a definite weakness. For me NRNR was just unlike most "scene"core at the time, none were that heavy that I was quite surprised at how relentless it was at just being heavy, and therefore it avoided sounding trendy with the whole dubstep/electronic/OH-MY-GOD-ASKING-ALEXANDRIA sound.

Hey guys,

I've been talking with the band about the direction of the record for a couple of months now, and (I'm not speaking for the band here) it looks to me like the new record will be bringing back more of the melodic/progressive/dynamic elements of "Go West" but will also retain much of the heaviness of NRNR. I think the general feeling about NRNR (again, not speaking for the band) was that it was approached more as a straight-up heavy, raw, aggressive record, but it lacked the dynamics, texture, melody, and atmosphere that "Go West" had. I'd personally like to bring back more of those elements and I'm sure the Greeley guys feel the same.

Personally, as a musician/music lover/producer I've always liked bands with more progressive elements so I'm really excited about working with the guys to bring those types of elements out in the music, and I'm really excited to start work on the new record. Hopefully everyone will like (or at least respect) what the band are trying to do with the new stuff, I'm sure they can't wait for everyone to hear it.

Love,
Cory Spotts

Sounds fucking awesome.
07:33 AM on 01/31/11
slowmotion90
User Info.
I was actually just wondering if they had a new album coming out. I strongly hope that it's more like Go West Young Man than No Rain No Rainbow. GWYM was unique and different. NRNR was just blah imo
Exactly!
08:27 AM on 01/31/11
Mikey18244
Mikecheck
User Info.
Stokedddd
08:23 PM on 01/31/11
EM422
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
whos producing anyone know? are they a Joey Sturgis band? lol
No prasie god! Joey produces bands that sound exactly the same EVERY time Ie Attack Attack, Of Mice and Men, Of machines ect ect. Greeley has amazing heavy sound the not even TDWP can pull off on a recording. Cory Spotts in the MAN!
08:29 PM on 01/31/11
EM422
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hey guys,

Love,
Cory Spotts
You are the man and to my knowledge have produced the most heavy full sounding records I have ever heard. Thank you for your talent. You made Greeley's records sounds heavier then any other band in the scene and one day I hope to have you produce something for the project I am working on.
07:25 AM on 02/01/11
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
No prasie god! Joey produces bands that sound exactly the same EVERY time Ie Attack Attack, Of Mice and Men, Of machines ect ect. Greeley has amazing heavy sound the not even TDWP can pull off on a recording. Cory Spotts in the MAN!
just checked this band out fuck they are heavey/sweet. they got some sick breakdowns and double kick lines goin on.
02:46 PM on 02/02/11
parkerxcore
parker_anderson
User Info.
yay for new greeley albums

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT