Username
Password
Fat Wreck Chords News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Fat Wreck Chords
Inside AP.net

Stream the Gimmes

Posted by: Deborah Remus (01/31/11)
Me First and the Gimme Gimmes' latest EP, Go Down Under, is streaming on myspace.

Displaying posts 1 - 6 of 6
03:26 PM on 01/31/11
Emmure408
User Info.
LOVE this band
more full lengths please
04:56 PM on 01/31/11
domotime2
Like You Know Whatever
User Info.
yay!!! no one cares? haha if this was some punk goes comp, there'd be over 90 responses all ready haha. Sad that this is only a small little EP. We have a cover group of punkstars, that does punk covers the way it's supposed to be done. Here we go.

INXS - Never Tears Us Apart = A-, great intro song.
air supply - all out of love = B. Good song to cover, but its just a straight fast cover, no real change.
Easybeats - Friday on my mind (wow awesomely obscure) = B+. Really cool song to cover, cute.
Party Animals - Have you ever been mellow (even i admit, i never heard this song before) = A-. I liked it anyways!
Rick Springfield - I've done everything for you = B. Solid.

album as a whole is a B. It's short, and i bet these guys could fart out something like this in a weekend if they wanted to. I know they're all busy with real stuff, btu stil.
07:22 PM on 01/31/11
donturnaway17
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
yay!!! no one cares? haha if this was some punk goes comp, there'd be over 90 responses all ready haha. Sad that this is only a small little EP. We have a cover group of punkstars, that does punk covers the way it's supposed to be done. Here we go.

INXS - Never Tears Us Apart = A-, great intro song.
air supply - all out of love = B. Good song to cover, but its just a straight fast cover, no real change.
Easybeats - Friday on my mind (wow awesomely obscure) = B+. Really cool song to cover, cute.
Party Animals - Have you ever been mellow (even i admit, i never heard this song before) = A-. I liked it anyways!
Rick Springfield - I've done everything for you = B. Solid.

album as a whole is a B. It's short, and i bet these guys could fart out something like this in a weekend if they wanted to. I know they're all busy with real stuff, btu stil.
nice review. i wish it was a full album.
04:13 PM on 02/01/11
beth danger
It's a bird! It walked on my pillow
User Info.
Good stuff! I've been meaning to listen to Me First more, and I'm going on a huge trip to Australia at the end of the month, so this is perfect timing. These songs will be on my playlist, for sure.
10:08 AM on 02/04/11
Anderson
Walking in a Boydy wonderland
User Info.
The INXS cover is great. A bit of Black Flag on the second intro as well.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests