Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 14 posts.
10:04 AM on 02/01/11
genericmadness
Registered Loser
User Info.
I love Emery, I've imported all their CDs down under so far, but this... is just not a good song. In fact, it's worse than 'The Party Song'. This is the least creative heavy stuff they've ever written. Stupid 12 year old kids convincing them that the screamz were what we liked about their older stuff. The good part of this song is over literally ten seconds after it begins and all the heavy stuff is just Matt playing really repetitive single chord stuff (I guess that's 'hardcore' music for ya)

Number of breakdowns in the entirety of "The Weak's End": 1
Number of breakdowns in this song alone: 5

How much you like this song will depend on if you interpret that as a positive or not.
Sorry, I'm rambling. I'm just disappointed with the creative output of such a creative group. I should remember that I didn't like the first songs I heard from any of their albums. Don't let me down, guys!
10:15 AM on 02/01/11
genericmadness
Registered Loser
User Info.
weak's end had a lot more than 1 breakdown.
nope. there's a moment in "disguising mistakes" that could technically be called a breakdown, but other than that the only breakdown (rhythmic repetition of a single low chord) is at the end of "walls". sure there are 'heavy parts', but they're all more creative than just breakdowns
10:18 AM on 02/01/11
genericmadness
Registered Loser
User Info.
My thoughts too! The cd starts on a breakdown and has another one at the end of the song. So thats two in the first song. Sounds like this guy needs to do more homework.
that's not a breakdown! i think you guys are confused. breakdown does not just mean 'heavy part'. trust me bro, the weak's end is probably my most listened to album OF ALL TIME

here's an example of a 'breakdown' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TFn92bPcnY
10:19 AM on 02/01/11
genericmadness
Registered Loser
User Info.
They're is more than one type of "breakdown".
well I don't think that's true, but if it is, then I'm obviously referring to the type I mentioned

p.s. *there
10:22 AM on 02/01/11
genericmadness
Registered Loser
User Info.
The irony is that they're admitting to a preoccupation with critical response
10:26 AM on 02/01/11
genericmadness
Registered Loser
User Info.
I like it, though I never really got into it. It does feel rather odd.

Did you hear, "The Curse of Perfect Days?" That song is completely devoid of anything heavy, and it's a brilliant song.
I like it more than this one, but I'm still not stoked on it. They might have just moved away from the kind of melodies that inherently appeal to me. Which I can't complain about. Just be sad about.
10:30 AM on 02/01/11
genericmadness
Registered Loser
User Info.
Nah then it would be titled We Do What You Want.
Ideally they would write what they're comfortable with - without having to call attention to it. Don't even acknowledge the detractors, guys. Keep it classy!
10:35 AM on 02/01/11
genericmadness
Registered Loser
User Info.
This is why genre and labeling of parts is dumb. No one knows except the band. I'm telling you that they would probably consider that a breakdown. Case in point when The Receiving End of Sirens were releasing individual parts of the song they had people vote on what they wanted to hear. One option was called The Breakdown. They posted this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Meus2WH4kcA#t=2m10s until 2 minutes 45 seconds. So is that not a breakdown? Its different for every band
That's a solid point. But again, I'm sure you understand what type I mean - the base, almost nil-creativity chugalongs.

P.S. TREOS luv... I may be the only guy in Australia who owns their physical albums. Phenomenal band
10:45 AM on 02/01/11
genericmadness
Registered Loser
User Info.
Oh, of course i understand what your saying i personally just think a breakdown is just, that a break in flowing chords. Yeah treos is phenomenal. I drove up from new jersey to see their farewell and reunion shows in mass (its like 5 hours one way) totally worth it.
I flew four thousand miles home from Malaysia early to see their first and last tour in Australia, and then had to go another thousand miles home within my own country... I win this one!
11:12 AM on 02/01/11
genericmadness
Registered Loser
User Info.
Please research the terms "break" and "breakdown" in the context of music before you act like your understanding of music goes beyond "BRUTAL BREAKDOWN Y0."
I was actually decrying breakdowns, bro.
11:20 AM on 02/01/11
genericmadness
Registered Loser
User Info.
You don't understand what a breakdown is.
By all means, Amadeus, school me. If your keyboard hasn't shorted from all those tears, that is.
I know exactly what a breakdown is. I'm sorry if my hasty description didn't pass your Totez Rad Music Comprehension Test.
12:13 AM on 02/05/11
genericmadness
Registered Loser
User Info.
yep, you are STILL wrong. buy the fucking album.
I own the album, you goose. It's phenomenal. But it's not the metalcore beatdown you think it is.
And don't get too riled up, it's just the internet.
08:00 AM on 02/05/11
genericmadness
Registered Loser
User Info.
by own, do you mean you have all the songs in random order on your ipod and really only listen to walls? that doesnt count. there is nothing meatl about emery, but TWE is heavier than youre giving it credit for is what im saying.
I have a physical copy of the album! I can touch it with my hands! One time I lent it to a girl, and she let it get all scratched up in her handbag!
I'm not saying it's not heavy, it's just heavy in a more exciting and less generic way than this new song. That's what I was trying to communicate.
07:28 AM on 02/06/11
genericmadness
Registered Loser
User Info.
i feel ya bro. high five?
HIGH TEN
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates