Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 161
10:19 AM on 02/01/11
hogfan1228
Head Above Water
User Info.
here are the lyrics if anybodies interested.

Edit: Shoot...i probably should have re-loaded the page before i posted that.
10:19 AM on 02/01/11
genericmadness
Registered Loser
User Info.
They're is more than one type of "breakdown".
well I don't think that's true, but if it is, then I'm obviously referring to the type I mentioned

p.s. *there
10:20 AM on 02/01/11
Mr. November
I won't fuck us over.
User Info.
I love Emery, I've imported all their CDs down under so far, but this... is just not a good song. In fact, it's worse than 'The Party Song'. This is the least creative heavy stuff they've ever written. Stupid 12 year old kids convincing them that the screamz were what we liked about their older stuff. The good part of this song is over literally ten seconds after it begins and all the heavy stuff is just Matt playing really repetitive single chord stuff (I guess that's 'hardcore' music for ya)

Number of breakdowns in the entirety of "The Weak's End": 1
Number of breakdowns in this song alone: 5

How much you like this song will depend on if you interpret that as a positive or not.
Sorry, I'm rambling. I'm just disappointed with the creative output of such a creative group. I should remember that I didn't like the first songs I heard from any of their albums. Don't let me down, guys!
We Do What We Want
10:21 AM on 02/01/11
Simulcast
You're not a teammate on my team
User Info.
I don't like it. Oh well, wasn't expecting much anyways.
10:22 AM on 02/01/11
genericmadness
Registered Loser
User Info.
The irony is that they're admitting to a preoccupation with critical response
10:23 AM on 02/01/11
ilovesofie
was I good to you, wife of my youth
User Info.
The breakdowns are awful. It sounds like they're taking cues from The Devil Wears Prada. "Walls" had better heavy parts, and that was written when the whole breakdown sound was trendy... This song starts out pretty bad, gets progressively better, and then drops off again significantly towards the end.

I dunno, maybe this just isn't my thing anymore. I'm going to stick to the first two albums, which, after all this time, are still amazing.
I honestly can't believe that you like the first two but not ...In Shallow Seas We Sail.
10:24 AM on 02/01/11
Yellowcard2006
I'll buy you a raincoat
User Info.
Ehh... Shallow Seas was one of my favorite albums from 2009...but I'm just not digging this. The only part I like is the first switch to clean vocals. This really isn't want I wanted to hear as a follow up to the last album.

But like they said, they do want they want, far be it from me to try and take that away.
10:26 AM on 02/01/11
genericmadness
Registered Loser
User Info.
I like it, though I never really got into it. It does feel rather odd.

Did you hear, "The Curse of Perfect Days?" That song is completely devoid of anything heavy, and it's a brilliant song.
I like it more than this one, but I'm still not stoked on it. They might have just moved away from the kind of melodies that inherently appeal to me. Which I can't complain about. Just be sad about.
10:27 AM on 02/01/11
Mr. November
I won't fuck us over.
User Info.
The irony is that they're admitting to a preoccupation with critical response
Nah then it would be titled We Do What You Want.
10:29 AM on 02/01/11
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
User Info.
I honestly can't believe that you like the first two but not ...In Shallow Seas We Sail.
beats me too
10:30 AM on 02/01/11
genericmadness
Registered Loser
User Info.
Ideally they would write what they're comfortable with - without having to call attention to it. Don't even acknowledge the detractors, guys. Keep it classy!
10:31 AM on 02/01/11
astretch4glory
User Info.
well I don't think that's true, but if it is, then I'm obviously referring to the type I mentioned

p.s. *there
This is why genre and labeling of parts is dumb. No one knows except the band. I'm telling you that they would probably consider that a breakdown. Case in point when The Receiving End of Sirens were releasing individual parts of the song they had people vote on what they wanted to hear. One option was called The Breakdown. They posted this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Meus2WH4kcA#t=2m10s until 2 minutes 45 seconds. So is that not a breakdown? Its different for every band
Shakriel
I just need reassurance.
User Info.
The breakdowns are awful. It sounds like they're taking cues from The Devil Wears Prada. "Walls" had better heavy parts, and that was written when the whole breakdown sound was trendy... This song starts out pretty bad, gets progressively better, and then drops off again significantly towards the end.

I dunno, maybe this just isn't my thing anymore. I'm going to stick to the first two albums, which, after all this time, are still amazing.
That's pretty much how I feel about this song.
Though I do enjoy their last album for the most part.

Also not really into where bands scream like Emery does at the beginning of this new song.
gjpinizz
Life With People
User Info.
holy crap. they decided to scream a lot
10:32 AM on 02/01/11
eriatarka24
User Info.
Exactly. hahaha.

-----

why is that person so mad anyway? i'm a huge emery fan and have been for 3 years but i don't think this is that bad. it's a little 'all over the place' but i think that the more you listen to it, the more you will like it

i love in shallow seas we sail but the question will always be my favorite

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version