Relient Warped

Posted by - 09:03 AM on 02/02/11
Relient K will be on Warped Tour.

Submitted by Kurt Retenauer

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 72
09:05 AM on 02/02/11
failedXromance
User Info.
this warped tour just gets better and better. I might actually have to go to this years. Havent been since 06
09:06 AM on 02/02/11
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
I really disinterested in the Warped Tour and thought there was no was I was going but this changes things a bit.
09:07 AM on 02/02/11
FALCONEPHOTO
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
so stoked for relient k
09:12 AM on 02/02/11
Greg
User Info.
eh.... I think bands with such big back catalogs should not play things like Warped. why would I want to see a band that has so many albums only play for 25 minutes? if I happened to be at Warped (not gonna happen though) I would try to catch the set, but I wouldn't go just for that. tours like this are best for smaller bands with less albums so you can actually get a good taste of all their material. otherwise the band will be leaving out a lot of great material and I am not a fan of that. those kind of bands should be headlining shows.

but hey, that's just me.
09:16 AM on 02/02/11
luvsickcatalyst
wander eyes, ocean high.
User Info.
Definitely going now.
09:17 AM on 02/02/11
salt1384
don't believe a word
User Info.
Nice.
09:18 AM on 02/02/11
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Wa just about to submit this
09:21 AM on 02/02/11
failedXromance
User Info.
eh.... I think bands with such big back catalogs should not play things like Warped. why would I want to see a band that has so many albums only play for 25 minutes? if I happened to be at Warped (not gonna happen though) I would try to catch the set, but I wouldn't go just for that. tours like this are best for smaller bands with less albums so you can actually get a good taste of all their material. otherwise the band will be leaving out a lot of great material and I am not a fan of that. those kind of bands should be headlining shows.

but hey, that's just me.
I really enjoy seeing bands with big catalogs play warped. I love seeing NFG on warped because, with the set legnth, the energy level never dips, and its like listening to a wonderful greatest hits album
09:28 AM on 02/02/11
billysurvive
aimless arrow.
User Info.
I am super stoked for Relient K. They are so great live.
09:29 AM on 02/02/11
atrio
It's always on my troubled mind.
User Info.
awesome.. hope to see them play a lot of Mmhmm.
09:29 AM on 02/02/11
pteargriffin
User Info.
i love relient k, whether i go to warped to see them, i don't know, i really wanna go to one of their shows, missed the past few around here, but personally i wish they were working on releasing a new record
09:30 AM on 02/02/11
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.

I agree with you--but only to a certain extent. If you keep headlining shows you aren't going to grow as a band if you're Relient K. At this point in their careers, despite having a deep catalog, I'm sure their fanbase isn't growing all that much. And the same can be said for most of the main stage bands, I'm sure. But playing Warped Tour? Your band plays in front of younger kids that may not have seen your band otherwise.

Also? The set times are now 45 minutes or so for main stage bands, not 25. So it's like a main support slot on a regular tour. Plenty of time to play the "hits," as well as some newer songs. I'd rather see some bands headline a show. But I can also pay $45, see the bands I love play full sets, and the bands I'm "eh" about (Relient K being one of them) play for a few minutes, then go elsewhere.

Warped is best taken if viewed as a "sampler" of bands.
09:34 AM on 02/02/11
mbao
I'm on the up and up.
User Info.
Woah. That was unexpected.
09:38 AM on 02/02/11
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com/
User Info.
Surprised they aren't mainstage.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News