Username
Password
Underoath News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Underoath
Inside AP.net

AP.net Interview: Underoath

Posted by: Adam Pfleider (02/02/11)
An interview with Underoath can be seen here.
QuoteNone of those bands set out to be something. They pre-dated Myspace, whereas new bands that are coming out, and I'm not going to bash any particular band, it's just so different now. It's about how you can just download a band now and write them off. You used to have to go seek out those bands and their CDs. Maybe one of your friends bought it and you heard it and got excited about it.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 31
01:41 PM on 02/02/11
Mikey18244
Mikecheck
User Info.
Times certainly have changed
01:43 PM on 02/02/11
Shatter_Glass
Take Apart Your Head
User Info.
I feel like every "scene-mo" band for the last 5 years has tried to rip off They're Only Chasing Safety, to no avail I must say. Underoath on the other hand, has grown leaps and bounds with their last three amazing releases.

One could give a similar case analysis for Thursday.
01:53 PM on 02/02/11
ACA
Next Show: Braid/GreatBigPileLeaves
User Info.
The "MySpace era" certainly has pros and cons.

Overall, I see it as positive:

- More bands
- Bands can do whatever the fuck they want, and people can hear it. No one needs to impress a record label exec to get their style out there.
- More exposure to bands

I've got 200+ albums from last year. That's more than my dad has probably purchased in his entire youth.

Sure, it means weeding through the dog shit, but it's not that hard when most of the shitty bands tend to stick together. I mean, look at most of Bring Me the Horizon's tours -- it's just a catchall for bands that need to be avoided at all costs.

I'd much rather sift through tons of garbage and find diamonds. I've found a ton of my favorite bands from stealing their albums. I'm not made of money, if I relied on purchasing albums there's a lot of "risky" choices I would have had to make. There's a lot of stupid magazines and writers and reviews I would have had to consult first.

Fuck that.

My "band debut of the year" in 2010 was River City Extension. I've since spent money on their merch and show tickets. That's about $40 from me they would have absolutely not seen in an era without MySpace.
01:57 PM on 02/02/11
pleasedontpanic
I believe. Help my unbelief.
User Info.
Great interview. I loved Daniel's work with Colour Revolt.
02:07 PM on 02/02/11
Jason Tate
User Info.
Testing.
02:19 PM on 02/02/11
Hail Lelouch
User Info.
I feel like every "scene-mo" band for the last 5 years has tried to rip off They're Only Chasing Safety, to no avail I must say. Underoath on the other hand, has grown leaps and bounds with their last three amazing releases.

Totally agree man, shame a lot people don't recognise that
02:21 PM on 02/02/11
thesollopsist
Up all night, and down all day
User Info.
I've found a new love for this band. Haven't been big on them since 2005 but with their new release I'm excited to see what they do next.
02:25 PM on 02/02/11
coffee.is.life
User Info.
nice
02:50 PM on 02/02/11
DylanPPPP
Noooooooooooch
User Info.
The best thing for this band was for Aaron to leave (eveb though I almost cried when I heard he left /fanboymoment), and Dan's style clicks so well with the direction they were heading in. I can't wait to see what happens next.
03:11 PM on 02/02/11
SNARLINGBANDIT
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Great interview. I loved Daniel's work with Colour Revolt.
While I commend him for helping out a band in need, I couldn't disagree more. Colour Revolts last album, while still pretty good, was completely lacking the low end and technical but not cliche drumming of "Plunder, Beg, and Curse". I think the drums actually in a way almost made the album worse. Just an opinion though. Not trying to bash Daniel's drumming or the band, his style just doesn't mesh with Colour Revolt.
03:36 PM on 02/02/11
JamesBond
User Info.

You copy your influences. Emarosa, a skylit drive, dance Gavin dance, before their eyes, and many others have members under age of 25. When Underoath's chasing Safety came out they were either in highschool or just beginning college.
They can't deny that underoath influeneced them, hell, they don't deny it.
03:39 PM on 02/02/11
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.
You copy your influences. Emarosa, a skylit drive, dance Gavin dance, before their eyes, and many others have members under age of 25. When Underoath's chasing Safety came out they were either in highschool or just beginning college.
They can't deny that underoath influeneced them, hell, they don't deny it.
so being influenced by what I think is the band's worst album prob shows why nothing is striking about any of these bands...let's hope they try to imitate the new stuff...
03:44 PM on 02/02/11
JamesBond
User Info.
so being influenced by what I think is the band's worst album prob shows why nothing is striking about any of these bands...let's hope they try to imitate the new stuff...

Worst album...really? Some Will Seek Forgivness alone gives the album a passing grade. While I can't go back and listen to any songs on it besides that one because the screams are now atrocious, at the time it was a fun album no doubt- and many, even 7 year younger you thought so.
03:48 PM on 02/02/11
DylanPPPP
Noooooooooooch
User Info.
Worst album...really? Some Will Seek Forgivness alone gives the album a passing grade. While I can't go back and listen to any songs on it besides that one because the screams are now atrocious, at the time it was a fun album no doubt- and many, even 7 year younger you thought so.

He just said it was their worst album. He didn't say it was bad. I agree, it is their worst album, but I still listen to it more often than a lot of albums.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums