Username
Password
General Announcement News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
General Announcement
Inside AP.net

What Comes Next for The Morning Of

Posted by: Matthew Tsai (02/02/11)
A statement from Tommy Lacombe, owner of Tragic Hero Records, regarding the current and future state of The Morning Of can be read here.
From the ArticleThey’re not calling it a day. I think the manner in which they operate is going to change drastically. I was actually talking to Justin yesterday. I’m not going to spoil anything, but he has some stuff that he wants to talk about and let people know and all that. I think it’s going to be well received. Will the next record be with me? I don’t think so.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 47
03:12 PM on 02/02/11
foreverSWEET
Have another biscuit, sorry.
User Info.
Its a link to nowhere... would really like to read. !!
03:16 PM on 02/02/11
JuneJuly
Allez l'OL
User Info.
I know Justin came in here and told us that they were in no way breaking up, but I'd be interested in seeing this article once the link is fixed.
03:19 PM on 02/02/11
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Correct link is here.
03:19 PM on 02/02/11
tyramail
wake up i'm calling you
User Info.
if they break up, i die
03:22 PM on 02/02/11
xRustyx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Rumor on the Reach for the Sun tour was that they were done. They haven't done much since then...
03:23 PM on 02/02/11
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
User Info.
New link doesn't work either
03:24 PM on 02/02/11
Mynameishiro
User Info.
Here.

Quote:
PropertyOfZack had the chance to speak to Tommy Lacombe, owner of Tragic Hero Records, just yesterday. In the midst of our conversation, Tommy and I discussed the current and future state of The Morning Of, a band who has a cloud of uncertainty surrounding them for quite some time now. Be sure to read up on what Tommy had to say below:

There have been many rumors regarding whether or not The Morning Of have called it a day, or if they’re in the middle of recording a new album. Can you clear that up?

Tommy Lacombe: They’re not calling it a day. I think the manner in which they operate is going to change drastically. I was actually talking to Justin yesterday. I’m not going to spoil anything, but he has some stuff that he wants to talk about and let people know and all that. I think it’s going to be well received. Will the next record be with me? I don’t think so. I’ll be the first to say it, it’s not the best fit. I really beat myself up over that band and I was like, “This is my fault. This record is phenomenal. Their last record was phenomenal.” And I really don’t know what it is. I’m not just playing dumb. It’s just one of those things. This was not the perfect storm. This was not one of those things where we happened to be in the right place with them and everything else. Sometimes it happens. They are writing some new stuff, I’m not going to spoil that either. I think that they need to stick with their more mature sound. They’re better than what a lot of people consider to be indie-pop right now, but a lot of kids aren’t into that anymore because it’s become oversaturated and whatnot. They’re going to do The Morning Of style, and they’re going to do it their way. At the end of the day, they do it their way. I’m going to help them however I can and wish them the best for sure. Hopefully they come out on the other side of it.
03:27 PM on 02/02/11
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
New link doesn't work either
Sorry, check now.
03:27 PM on 02/02/11
_thisisme*
www.killferelli.com
User Info.
Rumor on the Reach for the Sun tour was that they were done. They haven't done much since then...
From what I heard they are all finishing up school and stuff like that, so when they graduated they can really focus on TMO.. (I know Justin is on here quite a lot so correct me if I'm wrong :) )
03:28 PM on 02/02/11
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
User Info.
Haha thanks, nice to see they're not breaking up
03:37 PM on 02/02/11
So-Crates
Registered Member
User Info.
hope they aren't finished
03:44 PM on 02/02/11
Richard Maxim
Life: April Fools
User Info.
if they break up, i die

Seconded, TWIFI in is a masterpiece.
04:15 PM on 02/02/11
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
So what exactly did this guy fuck up on?
04:19 PM on 02/02/11
boscorelli
destination: beautiful
User Info.
So what exactly did this guy fuck up on?
Maybe that they haven't broken into the mainstream? That they have had little to no exposure despite their most recent album being amazing? That they have done pretty much zero touring? And that Dangerous Summer tour was beyond awful btw.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests