Username
Password

10:53 PM on 02/03/11 
User Info.
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
Brookline, MA
Male - 30 Years Old
Since there seems to be more and more interest in talking about this band -- I figured I'd start up a thread!

For the uninitiated, these guys are a pop-punk band with male/female dual vocals that will probably appeal to fans of: Lemuria, early Blink-182, the Menzingers, Motion City Soundtrack, Dillinger Four, Broadway Calls, and/or the Lawrence Arms. And they're about to hit the road with Daytrader and play a show or two with the Wonder Years.

Into it? Right on. They have free music available at Death to False Hope Records:

Maps (full-length LP)
Thoughts About Growing Up (EP)
Castle Songs (EP)

Now. Discuss!
10:55 PM on 02/03/11 
User Info.
CollectiveConfusion
New York NY
Male - 25 Years Old
Verified
Which one should I download?
10:56 PM on 02/03/11 
User Info.
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
Brookline, MA
Male - 30 Years Old
Which one should I download?

Start with the full-length. That's the most "diverse." The other EP is all fast songs--and the single isn't a very good indicator of their overall sound, haha.
10:56 PM on 02/03/11 
User Info.
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
New, Mexico
Male - 26 Years Old
thumbs up!
10:57 PM on 02/03/11 
User Info.
CollectiveConfusion
New York NY
Male - 25 Years Old
Verified
Start with the full-length. That's the most "diverse." The other EP is all fast songs--and the single isn't a very good indicator of their overall sound, haha.

On it. I could use some good new tunes.
10:59 PM on 02/03/11 
User Info.
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
Brookline, MA
Male - 30 Years Old
On it. I could use some good new tunes.

Let me know what you think!
10:59 PM on 02/03/11 
User Info.
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
Brookline, MA
Male - 30 Years Old
They also have a new Web site where you can buy stuff. Not the least of which are these sweet mesh basketball shorts that seem to mock the Man Overboard logo. It says "I'm sick of everyone" on the bottom.

Or something like that.
11:10 PM on 02/03/11 
User Info.
Chia-Like
i'm walking up to your gates today.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Male - 22 Years Old
They also have a new Web site where you can buy stuff. Not the least of which are these sweet mesh basketball shorts that seem to mock the Man Overboard logo. It says "I'm sick of everyone" on the bottom.

Or something like that.

very nice, thanks for making this official. once i get some money i'm gonna have to pick up some merch. as for living with lions, i'll give them a listen. hopefully they put on a decent show at least, though not much is gonna live up to the wonder years.
11:14 PM on 02/03/11 
User Info.
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
Brookline, MA
Male - 30 Years Old
very nice, thanks for making this official. once i get some money i'm gonna have to pick up some merch. as for living with lions, i'll give them a listen. hopefully they put on a decent show at least, though not much is gonna live up to the wonder years.

It's my first official thread! Haha. I still need to snag a t-shirt and the "official" physical release of Maps, but I own all of the vinyl. As for Living With Lions? They're a pretty awesome live band! I've only seen the Wonder Years once, but for my money? Living With Lions are the better live band. But that's just one man's opinion.
11:14 PM on 02/03/11 
User Info.
Chia-Like
Cincinnati, Ohio
Male - 22 Years Old
also, i'm a bit sad that maps hasn't seen vinyl release yet. i hope they get on that.
11:16 PM on 02/03/11 
User Info.
Chia-Like
Cincinnati, Ohio
Male - 22 Years Old
It's my first official thread! Haha. I still need to snag a t-shirt and the "official" physical release of Maps, but I own all of the vinyl. As for Living With Lions? They're a pretty awesome live band! I've only seen the Wonder Years once, but for my money? Living With Lions are the better live band. But that's just one man's opinion.

yeah i'm gonna grab both pairs of shorts, the non umbrella t-shirt (have that one already), and the maps cd as well. this is of course after i start working.
11:18 PM on 02/03/11 
User Info.
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
Brookline, MA
Male - 30 Years Old
also, i'm a bit sad that maps hasn't seen vinyl release yet. i hope they get on that.

I'm not sure why that hasn't gone down yet. And to be honest, I'm surprised they haven't been officially signed anywhere yet. That's my guess as to why Maps hasn't been released that way quite yet. But then again--they've been a band for barely a year. We'll see what 2011 brings! Already, they seem to be touring more...
11:22 PM on 02/03/11 
User Info.
Chia-Like
Cincinnati, Ohio
Male - 22 Years Old
I'm not sure why that hasn't gone down yet. And to be honest, I'm surprised they haven't been officially signed anywhere yet. That's my guess as to why Maps hasn't been released that way quite yet. But then again--they've been a band for barely a year. We'll see what 2011 brings! Already, they seem to be touring more...

and with bigger bands! but yeah, hopefully they put out another full-length eventually. i like the e.p.'s and all, but i also like albums over 2 minutes long.
11:33 PM on 02/03/11 
User Info.
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
New, Mexico
Male - 26 Years Old
i can totally see maps getting a vinyl release later on down the road. will the buy the frack out of that!
11:36 PM on 02/03/11 
User Info.
elementary
Elon, NC
Male - 23 Years Old
"And If We Both Fail?" is one of the most heartbreaking songs i've ever heard.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos