vaguestcargo
When I disappear...
User Info.
what the- no seattle? c'mon guys.
12:50 PM on 02/05/11
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
I bought To Speak Of Wolves' newest CD and, while it's definately good, I can't seem to love it. I know alot of people love them and I'd like to join in but honestly I feel like they'd be better without clean vocals. It seems ludicrous, but nearly every song starts out great and then the momentum is killed by the weird, druggy/drawn-out sounding vocal effect that is used on the CD.
12:53 PM on 02/05/11
WeltallAY
User Info.
Yea with one of theirs. however, Toby is more or less the "main" one, Devin just had a few lead tracks and did backups. but he was still a big part of their sound

Yeah, but he was almost like a "co-singer" considering how present his voice is throughout the Emery discography. I remember seeingthem live several times and he would sometimes hand Toby his guitar and sing lead.
01:56 PM on 02/05/11
xtbs7645x
User Info.
Yeah, but he was almost like a "co-singer" considering how present his voice is throughout the Emery discography. I remember seeingthem live several times and he would sometimes hand Toby his guitar and sing lead.

i agree with you 100% i just meant like overall Toby has always been more of the main singer (especially in the earlier stuff). On im only a man and in shallow seas it deff started to become more so them having equal parts though. Also I think most people who arent big fans would view him as the lead singer. just my opinion
02:09 PM on 02/05/11
joe.boy.fresh.
Registered Member
User Info.
I know right?!?! I am seeing The Chariot on Tuesday though. Wouldn't miss that show for the world.

But all the great tours only happen in the south and northeast!

Me too! Really solid lineup, I'm so stoked
02:13 PM on 02/05/11
Evan123
User Info.
I'm more just worried about them being able to pull off the live harmonies now... might be time to get a proper bassist who can sing eh fellas?
03:15 PM on 02/05/11
WeltallAY
User Info.
i agree with you 100% i just meant like overall Toby has always been more of the main singer (especially in the earlier stuff). On im only a man and in shallow seas it deff started to become more so them having equal parts though. Also I think most people who arent big fans would view him as the lead singer. just my opinion
I see what you mean, what did you think of I'm Only A Man ?
06:13 PM on 02/05/11
Ashur
Shitty musician.
User Info.
Why can't this be in NY? I'd kill to see Hawkboy.
11:32 PM on 02/05/11
sidekicksuicide
these are not just mountains
User Info.
I'll be at the Joliet date, but mostly for Hawkboy.
09:30 AM on 02/06/11
branchesofpaper
say you don't know if you don't.
User Info.
Can't freaking wait to see Hawkboy.
12:20 PM on 02/06/11
Dakota Rock
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this tour is for girls or something?
05:39 PM on 02/06/11
xtbs7645x
User Info.
I see what you mean, what did you think of I'm Only A Man ?

to be honest at first I didnt think much of it, but it has grown on me. Its not my favorite by any means, but I can honestly say I like it. world away has actually become one of my favorite by them. a few meh songs, but overall a solid record with some real gems (world away, after the devil, cant stop the killer, what makes a man). I used to be rather stubborn with music, think it was just too much of a change at the time. However, I give them props for trying something different, with all the electronic elements.. its a interesting album to say the least
11:00 PM on 02/06/11
WeltallAY
User Info.
to be honest at first I didnt think much of it, but it has grown on me. Its not my favorite by any means, but I can honestly say I like it. world away has actually become one of my favorite by them. a few meh songs, but overall a solid record with some real gems (world away, after the devil, cant stop the killer, what makes a man). I used to be rather stubborn with music, think it was just too much of a change at the time. However, I give them props for trying something different, with all the electronic elements.. its a interesting album to say the least
I agree, while it's my least favorite by them it has a few great songs that fit well into the Emery catalogue. I could have done without some of the "silly" parts though, lol. (ex: the intro to "Don't Bore Us, Get To The Chorus")
10:35 AM on 02/07/11
chancetoflyaway
User Info.
Should be interesting!! Woo hoo
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles