AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

TV News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Linkin Park On SNL

Posted by - 12:04 AM on 02/06/11
Linkin Park's performance on SNL can be seen here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 72
12:10 AM on 02/06/11
InBetweenAisles
WeReadTheSignsCompletelyB ackwards
User Info.
Solid performance.
12:13 AM on 02/06/11
InMediasRes
The Sound of Human Lives
User Info.
needs /m/ore gundams
12:34 AM on 02/06/11
LPdude27
one day you'll just know
User Info.
Sounds incredible. I'm glad Linkin Park followed their own creative vision rather than feeding the world another album just because it was what was expected from them. This performance proves their point very well, absolutely gorgeous.
12:40 AM on 02/06/11
fishguts182
Pop Punks For Hugs Not Thugs
User Info.
wow their sound has changed, havent really heard anything these guys have put out since hybrid theory
12:44 AM on 02/06/11
bNz719
Know more.
User Info.
Decent performance. I still maintain that the last two minutes or so of "Waiting for the End" is by far the best music they've put out.
12:46 AM on 02/06/11
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
User Info.
I was thoroughly confused during their second song.
12:53 AM on 02/06/11
JamesBond
User Info.

??
12:57 AM on 02/06/11
The Minn
User Info.
Decent performance. I still maintain that the last two minutes or so of "Waiting for the End" is by far the best music they've put out.
Ya when the guitar, or whatever it is, comes into play I dig it.
01:41 AM on 02/06/11
Emmure408
User Info.
stage looks small
01:50 AM on 02/06/11
flask
Registered Member
User Info.
I was thoroughly confused during their second song.
That song goes from being one of my favorite songs by them to one of my least favorite. The end is....ugh.
01:50 AM on 02/06/11
Richard Maxim
Life: April Fools
User Info.
These guys have pretty much perfected their live show. Absolutely solid in every facet of the performance.
01:53 AM on 02/06/11
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.
I fucking loved the "When They Come For Me" performance. Chester killed it, the end is so good.

Sounds incredible. I'm glad Linkin Park followed their own creative vision rather than feeding the world another album just because it was what was expected from them. This performance proves their point very well, absolutely gorgeous.

Amen. I"m a huge LP fan, always have been, and I'll defend those guys to the death (or at least until I get bored).

Reaction has been mixed on A Thousand Suns, which is to be expected when a band changes their sound so drastically but it's in my top 5 of last year. It's weird at parts and there's a few "pointless" tracks but as an entire start-to-finish album, it all comes together.

I love the end of that song. As soon as it kicks in after Chester's second verse, it's an instant "fuck yeah" moment. Such a cool melody in that song.
02:06 AM on 02/06/11
LPdude27
one day you'll just know
User Info.

It's weird at parts and there's a few "pointless" tracks but as an entire start-to-finish album, it all comes together.

I don't know if I would consider them pointless. I think they provide a lot to further stage the mood/emotions they're conveying. Especially, Wisdom, Justice and Love. I mean, the entire album is a concept album based on the fears of humanity's future, especially in regards to the possibility of another world war. Adding in a track like "Empty Spaces" makes the content of the album seem more real to the world we live in.

But yes, to your point, out of the context of the full album, they wouldn't make sense. But props to them for creating an album and not just a collection of songs.
02:22 AM on 02/06/11
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.
I don't know if I would consider them pointless. I think they provide a lot to further stage the mood/emotions they're conveying. Especially, Wisdom, Justice and Love. I mean, the entire album is a concept album based on the fears of humanity's future, especially in regards to the possibility of another world war. Adding in a track like "Empty Spaces" makes the content of the album seem more real to the world we live in.

But yes, to your point, out of the context of the full album, they wouldn't make sense. But props to them for creating an album and not just a collection of songs.
Well that's why I put quotations around "pointless". It's something I've seen people call them but I don't see them like that. Most of them are simply intros/outros to other tracks that are split into a separate track.

And I mean, they sound great. "Jornada del Muerto" is so cool and it's really just an extension of "Robot Boy".

I've rarely ever NOT listened to the album from start to finish. That's just how it's meant to be heard. And I know that type of sentence is usually reserved for bands like Radiohead and I don't mean to make it sound like Linkin Park's new album is art redefined, because it's not. I just think it's damn good.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos