|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
Xylos: the mythological Greek god of sugar
2. How did this band get started?
Monika: Eric started things off in his bedroom writing and home recording a bunch of his tunes. An EP was born, then straying from conventional order of band behavior, the band was formed. Since then then we have gone through a few line-up changes and now the writing is done with collaboration.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Cindi Lauper, New Order, Talking Heads, Kate Bush, the Dead Milkmen, Ornette Coleman, Aretha Franklin, the Police, Leonard Cohen, Blondie, Anita O'Day, Frank Sinatra, Erasure, Aphex Twin, the Toasters, Fela Kuti
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
My top 3 (Eric):
-Miles David 1970 "Bitches Brew" tour. Best combination of technique and experimentation ever.
-Rolling Stones early 70s... for the "Doctor."
-Duran Duran "Rio" tour
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Monika: We're more feathery than furry. Xylos would be a double-headed, female, feathered T-Rex with male peacock plumage because we're fierce and dynamically colorful but also soft and fun to pet.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Monika: If you feel you should listen to us and end up doing so, you may recall the sensation of being bit by rainbow colored friendly dancing mosquitoes.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Eric: None of our songs are particularly crazy guitar-wise and some don't even have guitar. Is there singing in Rock Band? Because if there is I think "Too Late" or "Blind Eye" (songs from our upcoming record) would be pretty freakin tough in expert mode.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Nikki: all the muses
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Nikki: Well, in a perfect world, all the cream would automatically rise to the top, right? You could be a secluded genius working in isolation in northern Canada and if your music is the shit, you would become a superstar. Or maybe it's fine just as it is.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Monika: Taking a break while on tour with Chris Pureka and visiting Hot Springs, North Carolina for some band hot tub time.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Monika: "Blind Eye" - super fun to play live mostly because I get to play a 20 second agogo bell solo
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Nikki: My vacation spot of choice is anywhere the band takes me on tour since then I'm doing what I love wherever I go. But I also like the Caribbean.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Eric: Paul Simon "Slip Sliding Away," Fleetwood Mac "Big Love," Midnight Oil "Beds are Burning"
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Nikki: Flying and indestructibility. I think they go together nicely.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Monika: Made what?
18. What's your favorite holiday?
Nikki: Fourth of July... fireworks, bbq, hot summer nights, rooftop parties, semi-ironic patriotism, what's not to love?
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Nikki: attempting to bring all hidden talents out into the public where they can contribute something meaningful and not waste away in secrecy.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first.
More From This Author