|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Hello and thank you for this opportunity! My name is Gigi Andreone, bass player from Odd Dimension.
1. How did you get your band name?
The band was named in the early days by our drummer, Federico Pennazzato. The name linked together the idea of a new travel in our musical life (a new ‘dimension’) and the ‘abuse’ of those days of ‘odd’ time signatures (3/4, 7/8 etc.).
2. How did this band get started?
The band started from the passion for progressive music of our drummer (Federico) and of our guitarist (Gianmaria Saddi) together with Antonio Agate on the keys. Then I joined the band, followed in 2005 by Manuel Candiotto on vocals; this was the year of the release of our first EP, A New Dimension. Then Antonio left the band and after many difficulties we reached the actual asset with Gabriele Ciaccia on keys; just in time to close the long-ready material for the release of Symmetrical.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
We listened to and loved many genres of music, but our main influences are represented by the classic ’70s progressive and rock main acts (Pink Floyd, Genesis, Camel, Deep Purple) together with ’80 classic or thrash metal (Saxon, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Metallica) and much of the recent progressive and extreme metal (Dream Theater, Threshold, Opeth, Death, Slipknot and many others).
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
It’s a difficult question to answer! Probably Pink Floyd or Genesis for their incredible multimedia live experiences, or with Megadeth for their incredible live power.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
This is the hardest question!!! Maybe a horse to ride free in the fields…
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because we put our soul into our music.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
It would be great to have a song on Guitar Hero or Rock Band! We are really addicted to these kinds of games. Maybe ‘The Ecstasy of Hopes’. I think it would be a good challenge even for the expert ones!
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
All the people who’ve played with me and supported my passion for music during this 17 years of passion for music and bass guitar.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
More attention to the music and less to the ‘product’ itself. More possibilities for the young musicians through compilations and contests.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Generally every tour, even if small, was a great experience with my friends as we shared our great passion for music and life itself.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
I am a reader of AbsolutePunk.net and I think the site gives a good overview on current rock & alternative music. I am a rock aficionado in general. I played in alternative rock bands too some years ago and they’re always in my mind as a memory of good days!
12. What is your favorite song to play?
From this album I like “Another Shore” for the variety of atmospheres included in this song which let me express different styles of playing.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
The Italian Alps - to go trekking, skying and generally to leave stressful life behind…and to eat well too!
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Many bands remind me of my childhood, particularly AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Offspring, Green Day, and NOFX.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I never answered a question like this! Great! Maybe the power to give the world a little more peace in these hard times. We all need to understand we all live on the same ground and we should respect each other with our differences.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Well I can’t say we've made it yet, but we certainly put a lot of our souls into this album and hope that the listeners catch it!
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
That we are from Alessandria, Italy, a nice city full of metal and rock bands releasing records. Nice scene here; check it out!
18. What's your favorite holiday?
The one I had recently in London with my friends after the closing of the mix of Symmetrical. It’s a gorgeous city to visit, the album was closed, and it was really a good moment for us!
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I like to stay with my girlfriend, to go fishing, and to go trekking, biking and relaxing in nature.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
No particular talents but a great passion for electronics, agriculture and good cooking (the last one in the tradition of our country, Italy - come to visit us!).
Thanx a lot for your attention! Stay tuned for more touring news!
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first.
More From This Author