AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Video News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Vice Verses Update

Posted by - 04:48 PM on 02/11/11
A new Switchfoot studio update can be seen in the replies.

Submitted by joberooni

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 20
04:48 PM on 02/11/11
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
User Info.
05:28 PM on 02/11/11
funnydave
speak but a whisper...
User Info.
looking forward to hearing this album. especially interested in how the title title-track will be recorded, after hearing so many stripped-down live versions of it for so long.
05:29 PM on 02/11/11
HardcoreCracker
Lights Out In Vegas
User Info.
looks like they're having fun
07:17 PM on 02/11/11
radxbandit
i don't know
User Info.
love me some switchfoot. can't wait for vice verses, and will neal avron is should sound greeeat.
07:37 PM on 02/11/11
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
User Info.
This is my most anticipated release of 2011, just above Yellowcard. While Hello Hurricane is my 2nd favorite Switchfoot album, I don't think it was as experimental as the guys promised it would be. I think this could be that release.

Edit: I hope this is a double album like the guys have stated they want it to be.
01:13 AM on 02/12/11
RCCOLA
the shadow proves the sunshine
User Info.
Definitely the most talented and hard working band out there today. I am so excited for this album...I can't even say enough good things about this band; great guys, great music!
01:19 AM on 02/12/11
AnotherMileston
Yeah? Yeah.
User Info.
I really am digging this moody feel the tracks are seeming to have. I like moody switchfoot. I like all switchfoot really, but moody switchfoot tends to be less careful, more chaos.

John Foreman always finds hope in the darkest corners which is what pulls me to them every time I think. No matter how dark or moody a song does get, there is always a backbone of "You will get through this no matter what"
10:59 AM on 02/12/11
armoireofdoom
User Info.
Cool update.
04:55 PM on 02/12/11
heinzfoot57
we are once in a lifetime
User Info.
love me some switchfoot. can't wait for vice verses, and will neal avron is should sound greeeat.
not sure who Neal Avron is, who is that? Producer?
05:02 PM on 02/12/11
heinzfoot57
we are once in a lifetime
User Info.
This is my most anticipated release of 2011, just above Yellowcard. While Hello Hurricane is my 2nd favorite Switchfoot album, I don't think it was as experimental as the guys promised it would be. I think this could be that release.

Edit: I hope this is a double album like the guys have stated they want it to be.
What are you hoping for if they do? I hope they do the first cd with extra songs from HH and the second cd obviously VV
05:24 PM on 02/12/11
radxbandit
i don't know
User Info.
not sure who Neal Avron is, who is that? Producer?
yup. he did all of yellowcard's records, the last sara bareilles record, the majority of fall out boy and new found glory's records, and new surrender from anberlin, to name a few.

personally i would love for them to do another record with john fields (letdown, nothing is sound) since i think those records sound great, but avron can do no wrong and i'm sure the record will sound massive as all switchfoot records do.
05:27 PM on 02/12/11
radxbandit
i don't know
User Info.
What are you hoping for if they do? I hope they do the first cd with extra songs from HH and the second cd obviously VV
i would like that too. a full single album (VV) plus an ep/collection of songs that don't quite fit as a full-length would be a good way to do it.
06:04 PM on 02/12/11
joberooni
User Info.
yup. he did all of yellowcard's records, the last sara bareilles record, the majority of fall out boy and new found glory's records, and new surrender from anberlin, to name a few.

personally i would love for them to do another record with john fields (letdown, nothing is sound) since i think those records sound great, but avron can do no wrong and i'm sure the record will sound massive as all switchfoot records do.
Yeah! After Bareilles and Disturbed debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 in back-to-back weeks, Avron is hot.

He also helmed Anberlin's Feel Good Drag as well as some Paramore tracks I believe. What he could do with Switchfoot is... sure to be incredible!
07:24 PM on 02/12/11
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
User Info.
That might be a cool idea. I don't really know what I want them to do with it, but now that I'm thinking about it, I would like it if the 1st album gradually got darker from beginning to end and the 2nd album shifts from the dark to light. Don't know if that makes sense, I think it'd be cool though. But yeah, I also like what you said.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos