Username
Password
Metal News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Metal
Inside AP.net

Doesn't Get More Metal Than a Spider Bite

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (02/13/11)
Slayer guitarist Jeff Hanneman will miss the band's upcoming shows due to an infection as the result of a spider bite. Press release in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 30
03:13 PM on 02/13/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Press ReleaseJeff Hanneman, guitarist and founding member of SLAYER, was hospitalized late last month where he underwent emergency surgery on his right arm after contracting a serious infection, according to his bandmates Kerry King, Tom Araya and Dave Lombardo.

While Hanneman's doctors were not able to definitively identify the infection's origin, they diagnosed necrotizing fasciitis, and indicated it likely was rooted in a spider bite. The guitarist is now recuperating at home, has already begun the process of subsequent medical procedures including skin grafts, and is expected to make a full recovery.

In light of this situation and SLAYER's upcoming participation in the Australian Soundwave Festival tour that is set to kick off on February 26, the band has made the tough decision to play the dates without Hanneman, and will bring on a guest guitarist to fill in for him until such time as he has fully recuperated and is ready to return to the lineup. The band will announce details about the guest guitarist shortly.

"Jeff is our brother, we've all been friends and together as a band for almost 30 years," said Araya, "so we just want him to completely recover as soon as possible."

"After everything that happened last year," King added, "we all agreed that we just can't let our fans down again," referring to Araya's severe back and neck pain that prompted his January 2010 surgery, unfortunately leading to the band's postponement or cancellation of numerous shows in 2009 and 2010. "Jeff is totally on board with this decision, so we will tour as planned. At this point, we can't pinpoint exactly what day he'll be back, but he'll be back as soon as he possibly can. And we can't wait for Jeff to get better and get his ass back on the road."
03:16 PM on 02/13/11
eriatarka24
User Info.
Fuck spiders.
03:24 PM on 02/13/11
Enjoi_This
porch monkey 4 life
User Info.
lol damn that sucks.. i had the same thing and couldnt even lay a bed sheet on my leg without crazy intense pain
03:34 PM on 02/13/11
2LW
I'm starting to decompose
User Info.
(jeff) hanneman, (jeff) hanneman
does whatever a spider can
Spins a web, any size,
Catches thieves just like flies
Look Out!
Here comes the (jeff) hanneman.

uh, that sucks though.
03:44 PM on 02/13/11
sowrongitsjack
Framework
User Info.
funny how he gets bitten by a spider and it appears on the ..web.
03:47 PM on 02/13/11
eriatarka24
User Info.
OHHHHHHHH
x
03:50 PM on 02/13/11
tottivillarossi
these pretzels are makin me thirsty
User Info.
Pffft. A spider-bite - and spiders are basically ants - wouldn't hold down someone who is TRULY metal as fuck. The ant should get his hair as a trophy.
03:51 PM on 02/13/11
JTHomeslice
Your girl's favorite pizza boy
User Info.
Nothing more metal.
03:54 PM on 02/13/11
Jackisback
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
ha...ha...HAHAHAHAHA
03:57 PM on 02/13/11
j-dogg_69
At Full Speed
User Info.
isn't necrotizing fasciitis the crazy infection that literally eats away the area infected and spreads ridiculously fast until you have to get a full amputation (if it's on a limb) to stop the spreading? I'm sure my sister (who's a nurse) was talking about a patient with it the other week.

If so, I hope it's nowhere near that bad for him. Best wishes
04:05 PM on 02/13/11
SwertsOnALog
Jump Jump
User Info.
God must hate him.
04:11 PM on 02/13/11
Kobrakai09
Yeah, this is love.
User Info.
isn't necrotizing fasciitis the crazy infection that literally eats away the area infected and spreads ridiculously fast until you have to get a full amputation (if it's on a limb) to stop the spreading? I'm sure my sister (who's a nurse) was talking about a patient with it the other week.

If so, I hope it's nowhere near that bad for him. Best wishes
I would google to find out... but I'm scared of the images I might see
04:16 PM on 02/13/11
j-dogg_69
At Full Speed
User Info.
I would google to find out... but I'm scared of the images I might see
yeh I just asked her and that's what it is. unless you have an iron stomach don't google!
04:23 PM on 02/13/11
nsgob22
User Info.
Hope he recovers soon!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles