Username
Password

10:08 PM on 02/13/11 
User Info.
Jay Evan
I've Made A Huge Mistake
Raleigh, NC
Male - 29 Years Old
This thread started because I was wondering if anyone knew what happened with the split between Jason Lancaster and Mayday Parade. I am not complaining and prefer Go Radio, but thought someone might know why he left.

After I received my answer the thread took off and was renamed for the Appreciation of Jason Lancaster and to talk about how amazing he is!
10:11 PM on 02/13/11 
User Info.
amorning_ofsleep
Drink 23 more
Michigan
Male - 27 Years Old
Why'd the chicken cross the road?
10:13 PM on 02/13/11 
User Info.
Jay Evan
I've Made A Huge Mistake
Raleigh, NC
Male - 29 Years Old
Why'd the chicken cross the road?

These are the questions that need answered
10:14 PM on 02/13/11 
User Info.
WTG
Former Two-Time APWP Champion
Clearwater, FL
Male - 26 Years Old
From what I heard, his father was very sick and was going to die, and Jason requested that they don't go on tour yet. They had just finished their CD, and wanted to tour immediately, so he left the group to be around during the end of his father's life.

There has also been talk about him getting screwed in money, and other things like that. We will never know the absolute truth I imagine.
10:15 PM on 02/13/11 
User Info.
Jay Evan
I've Made A Huge Mistake
Raleigh, NC
Male - 29 Years Old
From what I heard, his father was very sick and was going to die, and Jason requested that they don't go on tour yet. They had just finished their CD, and wanted to tour immediately, so he left the group to be around during the end of his father's life.

There has also been talk about him getting screwed in money, and other things like that. We will never know the absolute truth I imagine.

Oh I did not know about his Father, but that would explain the song Forever My Father
10:19 PM on 02/13/11 
User Info.
WTG
Clearwater, FL
Male - 26 Years Old
Oh I did not know about his Father, but that would explain the song Forever My Father

Yup. Jason, his brother, and his sister wrote that song after the funeral while in a room with the coffin, and recorded it that night. Such a sad song.
11:32 PM on 02/13/11 
User Info.
narca9
killed the beast!
Worcester, MA
Male - 23 Years Old
As someone who has followed this very closely, and actually wrote the Go Radio Wikipedia page and a lot of Mayday Parades, I feel like I know most of the situation. Most of the drama is from after he left the band.

In addition to his father, Jason was also about to get married to his now ex-wife Katie. In general he was burnt out on music and being in a band. I think a lot of it had to do with him thinking it was time for him to settle down. And while he wasn't given any credit for writing, and is listed as "Additional Vocals and Guitar by Jason Lancaster" in the ALIR credits, the album was released after he left the band. So I'm not sure how much of that had to do with it.

Personally I think a lot of it did have to do with recognition, he was the driving force behind the band yet Derek was getting all of the spotlight. That would bother anyone (I know it would piss me off personally). They split vocals down the middle (Jason maybe even sang more) on their first EP, Tales Told By Dead Friends. Yet on A Lesson in Romantics, he was clearly the second singer. I remember during a Mayday Parade band chat here a while ago, one of them said that they disagreed a bit while recording ALIR with the direction the album was going or something like that. I wouldn't be surprised if Fearless had anything to do with it, wanting Derek to sing more since his voice is a staple of the genre.

Anyways, thats just how I see it.
11:36 PM on 02/13/11 
User Info.
WTG
Clearwater, FL
Male - 26 Years Old
It's all for the best now. We have Go Radio being amazing, better than Mayday ever was. And we have Mayday...well, being decent.
11:45 PM on 02/13/11 
User Info.
UnderclasHero
So long live us
Staten Island, NY
Male
Really, really sad. Go radio's great and everything (anything band he's in is great) but I really loved him in Mayday. I fucking love ALIR. And unfortunately now, they wont ever sound they same again. Truly a sad thing.
11:48 PM on 02/13/11 
User Info.
ChelseaRiane
<3
Buffalo, NY
Female - 22 Years Old
I love Go Radio more than Mayday now
11:57 PM on 02/13/11 
User Info.
p93
hopelessly yours, Alabama
Tuscaloosa, AL
Male
I think the general consensus of people who aren't 15-year-old girls is that Go Radio is looking much more promising than Mayday these days, myself included.

Mayday better hurry up and find their Fred, if you know what I mean.
02:16 AM on 02/14/11 
User Info.
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
Italy
Male - 23 Years Old
It's all for the best now. We have Go Radio being amazing, better than Mayday ever was. And we have Mayday...well, being decent.

This.
02:38 AM on 02/14/11 
User Info.
CheckeredFloors
nah
Male - 21 Years Old
From what I've heard of them, Go Radio are nowhere near as good as Mayday.
03:19 AM on 02/14/11 
User Info.
Jack Appleby
___
No Avatar Selected
Interesting stuff.

I'm hoping the new Go Radio stuff blows me away. I've enjoyed/really liked all of their stuff, but nothing hit me as hard as ALIR did.

I've tried my best, but new Mayday is just so generic.
03:49 AM on 02/14/11 
User Info.
Buscemi Knows Best
You owe me a Sausage McMuffin.
Buffalo, NY
Male - 26 Years Old
who?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music