Username
Password

Album Review

Chixdiggit! - Safeways Here We Come EP Album Cover

Chixdiggit! - Safeways Here We Come EP

Reviewed by
Chixdiggit! - Safeways Here We Come EP
Record Label: Fat Wreck Chords
This review was written by an AP.net staff member.
Release Date: February 15th, 2011

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 30
09:56 PM on 02/14/11
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
Backed fully! Sure, they're predictable. But holy hell are they fun! I would also add the Copyrights, Mixtapes, the Ergs!, and MxPx to that RIYL.
09:06 AM on 02/15/11
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Backed fully! Sure, they're predictable. But holy hell are they fun! I would also add the Copyrights, Mixtapes, the Ergs!, and MxPx to that RIYL.

Agreed, especially about MxPx. Can't believe I forgot about them.
09:19 AM on 02/15/11
bNz719
Know more.
User Info.
Sounds like a fun EP. Will be checking out when I get home tonight.
09:54 AM on 02/15/11
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
never listened to them, but since punk is pretty much dead I've gone back and started to get into older punk bands. RIYL looks right up my alley, will check this out!
10:47 AM on 02/15/11
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
never listened to them, but since punk is pretty much dead I've gone back and started to get into older punk bands. RIYL looks right up my alley, will check this out!

Meh. What are you really into? I bet I can share some recs that you dig. There's plenty still out there--it's just harder to find these days.
11:02 AM on 02/15/11
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Meh. What are you really into? I bet I can share some recs that you dig. There's plenty still out there--it's just harder to find these days.

haha idk, 90s punk is my bread and butter. NOFX, old AFI, Face To Face, Strung Out, Lagwagon, Millencolin.... stuff that would be on Warped Tour 10+ years ago lol. recs are always appreciated. I miss Fat Wreck Chords samplers haha.
12:19 PM on 02/15/11
yellowhouse
there's a lot of beauty, sometimes
User Info.
Maybe I'm an asshole, but I refuse to listen to this based on the band's name.
01:57 PM on 02/15/11
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
haha idk, 90s punk is my bread and butter. NOFX, old AFI, Face To Face, Strung Out, Lagwagon, Millencolin.... stuff that would be on Warped Tour 10+ years ago lol. recs are always appreciated. I miss Fat Wreck Chords samplers haha.

Glad you'll check this out!

But I have to agree with him, there's still some good stuff being put out. I think you should check out the new Fat Wreck sampler if you miss the old ones. They've got some awesome newer bands like The Flatliners. Red Scare is another label you should look into, The Menzingers in particular. I could go on, but I won't.
02:45 PM on 02/15/11
Billysbathtub
User Info.
Yes!!
02:55 PM on 02/15/11
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.

But I have to agree with him, there's still some good stuff being put out. I think you should check out the new Fat Wreck sampler if you miss the old ones. They've got some awesome newer bands like The Flatliners. Red Scare is another label you should look into, The Menzingers in particular. I could go on, but I won't.

I'll go on, then! The Copyrights, the Dopamines, Off With Their Heads, Dear Landlord, Mixtapes, Iron Chic, and Heartsounds should all be right up your alley if that whole 90's pop-punk rock thing was right up your alley. And--as Deborah--stated, the Menzingers would be rad as well! The Riot Before is another good one. Oh! And We Are the Union and and and and...Yeah. There's lots of good/fun bands.

Let me know if you want me to narrow it down a bit more. Otherwise? Have fun!
07:25 PM on 02/15/11
ArmoredSleep
I call fives
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'll go on, then! The Copyrights, the Dopamines, Off With Their Heads, Dear Landlord, Mixtapes, Iron Chic, and Heartsounds should all be right up your alley if that whole 90's pop-punk rock thing was right up your alley. And--as Deborah--stated, the Menzingers would be rad as well! The Riot Before is another good one. Oh! And We Are the Union and and and and...Yeah. There's lots of good/fun bands.

Let me know if you want me to narrow it down a bit more. Otherwise? Have fun!

these guys are awesome
08:41 PM on 02/15/11
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.

ooh thanks, I remember now they put out another sampler thx :)
08:42 PM on 02/15/11
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.

thx, thats a good start haha. I'm psyched to check these out.
08:44 PM on 02/15/11
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
thx, thats a good start haha. I'm psyched to check these out.

Totally! Let me know if you want more, what you dig, etc.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos