AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 145.
08:16 AM on 02/16/11
brandonbrutal
User Info.
I listened to this album three times, and it shreds. An amazing album, but it just won't beat the walking wounded
08:24 AM on 02/16/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
I used to think I just liked you because:
A. I love Flight of the Conchords, and
B. You introduced me to The Upsides.
However, you are a great writer. I think I've read you are studying writing and, as a journalist, I must say your work is great and oft-improving.
Thank you sir!
unless his fury on the masses = UNLEASH his fury on the masses

Great review Thomas. I streamed it yesterday twice through and liked it a lot (it really does blend their old albums). I can tell you know your Bayside, so as a fellow diehard, I appreciate that.
Thanks, gonna change it.
08:31 AM on 02/16/11
ACA
Next Show: Silverstein @ NYC 4/25
User Info.
This is a good album. For the first time, though, I feel like the band has regressed instead of moved forward.

Where did Jack's shredding go?

Anthony has never sounded so hollow. The production on this album is so lame that it actually hurts his vocals.

It's the band's shortest effort, which is strange considering the song structure for most of the album. Interesting how that happened.

The two singles, "Already Gone" and "Sick, Sick, Sick" are so flat it's painful. Once you've seen how the band pulls these songs off, you'll want to cry at how they went down on tape. Again, seems to be an issue with production.

These are just first impressions, I've only had the album for a week. I'd say it probably goes down like this...

Walking Wounded > Bayside > Shudder > Sirens > Killing Time

I can't think of one area where they've improved on with this CD, which is so disheartening.
08:33 AM on 02/16/11
ACA
Next Show: Silverstein @ NYC 4/25
User Info.
Also, who plays keys in this band? How is this going to work live, if they touch that song?
08:42 AM on 02/16/11
tommy's ghost
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"Opus" means work.
08:44 AM on 02/16/11
bollyrocket
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
in all seriousness, i can already tell this is going to be one of the best albums of the year
08:57 AM on 02/16/11
Seth1ate2
User Info.
Awesome record. Only dislike about it is "On Love, On Life." Just too slow and bland sounding for me.
09:16 AM on 02/16/11
DanPiazza
Tourist With a Typewriter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Loved the review. I can't wait for this.
09:24 AM on 02/16/11
Kid Amnesiac
User Info.
Third most anticipated for 2011. Great stuff. I know if you liked it that much, I will, Thomas.
09:29 AM on 02/16/11
apdotnet
User Info.
While I enjoyed the album, I was a little let down by the remaining 7 tracks. I understand completely that you need to get the best songs out as singles, but that's where this album fell flat to me and is ultimately weird in my opinion.

I thought Sirens and Condolences and Bayside had great songs right off the bat. It's what pulled me into their cult. I feel that the self titled album changed my life, and to this day I still listen to Sirens when I'm down and out. It has a pick me up feeling to it that it isn't all hopeless.

On TWW and Shudder, I thought Duality and No One Understands were totally weak singles. It lead me to believe the overall album may not be as good as Sirens or Bayside. But I was wrong. The rest of the albums were fantastic and some of those songs were Bayside's best work.

I feel it was reversed completely in this case... the first three songs were so fantastic, I found myself predicting this to be my favorite Bayside album. I thought, judging how the past two records were, there is probably some really great stuff awaiting me. That's where I was let down.

It leads me to believe that maybe Victory Records didn't know how to pick singles with Bayside and that maybe Wind-Up knows what they're doing with Bayside.

I don't believe it's a bad record. I liked it. I can't wait to buy it. But, I will be buying it in hopes that it will grow on me more.
09:30 AM on 02/16/11
ITS A TRAP!
ITS PERFECTLY SAFE!
User Info.
this is easily Bayside's best album to date
absolutley killer album
10:01 AM on 02/16/11
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
I can't wait to listen to this record, Bayside never fail to release quality material. Their last record is easily my favorite one to, it only came out two years ago but "Shudder" seems a tad forgotten by a lot of people which is a shame, it's great. Either way, I can't wait for this record.
10:22 AM on 02/16/11
jenijennjen
User Info.
Loving this review...and loving the album. I don't think anything will surpass Self Titled as my favorite but this is very very close. I've pretty much been listening to Killing Time non-stop for the last few days. The only song that hasn't grown on me is On Love, On Life...I'm sure it will eventually though.

Really looking forward to hearing the b-sides!
10:23 AM on 02/16/11
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
It ain't no Walking Wounded but with songs like "Seeing Sound" and "The Wrong way", it's a strong contender.
10:28 AM on 02/16/11
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
This is a good album. For the first time, though, I feel like the band has regressed instead of moved forward.

Where did Jack's shredding go?

Anthony has never sounded so hollow. The production on this album is so lame that it actually hurts his vocals.

It's the band's shortest effort, which is strange considering the song structure for most of the album. Interesting how that happened.

The two singles, "Already Gone" and "Sick, Sick, Sick" are so flat it's painful. Once you've seen how the band pulls these songs off, you'll want to cry at how they went down on tape. Again, seems to be an issue with production.

These are just first impressions, I've only had the album for a week. I'd say it probably goes down like this...

Walking Wounded > Bayside > Shudder > Sirens > Killing Time

I can't think of one area where they've improved on with this CD, which is so disheartening.

Jack's shredding is still there. I thought this album was better than sirens and Shudder but it is a tad too short of an album.

Walking Wounded > Bayside > Killing Time > Shudder > Sirens. IMO
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums