|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
Thousand Watt Stare - 02.14.11
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Thousand Watt Stare (questions answered by Christian Martucci)
1. How did you get your band name?
It actually a tribute to Dwight Frye, the actor who played Renfield in the original Dracula, Fritz from Frankenstein, etc. He was known as the man with the Thousand Watt Stare. I'm the old movie type.
2. How did this band get started?
PK filled in for a band I was in called Black President in 2007. We got along really well and became good friends. When BP was over, I sent him some demos I was messing with and a few days later, we had a band. He brought in Dylan on drums, we rehearsed a couple of times, and made the EP. If I knew how much fun this was going to be, we would have done it a lot sooner.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
So many... We love everything from Leadbelly to Motorhead. Makes for good road trips...
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and
We will play with anyone, anytime. That being said, it would have been great to tour in the 70's. Too many good bands to name.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
It's a toss up between Marilyn Monroe's fur coat and a werewolf... The reasons for both are fairly obvious.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
It's honest rock n' roll played by guys who really love what they're doing.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want
in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Ha! That would kinda rule... I'd be happy with any of the songs off the new album. I can't really say much about the skill level unless it's a real guitar.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
I don't think anyone could top what Dee Dee said at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame...
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
All we care about is getting out there and playing. As long as we can do that, we're good.
10. Memorable tour experience?
TWS hasn't really got a chance to yet, aside from small west coast runs. Hopefully the full length we're recording will make that happen. To be continued...
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It means that more people will hear about Thousand Watt Stare. Thanks very much for that!
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Favorite TWS song for me is a new one called "Messenger." We also just started doing a cover of "Open Your Eyes" by the Lords of the New Church. That's a great one live...
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Kiss, The Ramones, Iron Maiden, Metallica, The Cramps, Ozzy, AC/DC, Elvis, etc... My older sister is a metalhead and my Dad is all about the rock n' roll... Music blasting in the house 24-7. It was great.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The guitar skills of Randy Rhoads... I would also settle on being a ninja.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Yes. To me making it is playing what you love and not caring about all the nonsense. I play loud rock n' roll with people I love and respect. There isn't much else I could ask for.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I'm afraid of airplanes and mayonnaise...
18. What's your favorite holiday?
Any holiday that gets me a day off from work!
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Wife, kid, full time job, full time band... I can't remember the last time I had any!
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I'm a cybernetic organism.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first.
More From This Author