Username
Password
Video Games News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Video Games
Inside AP.net

Games Round-Up (2/20/2011)

Posted by: Thomas Balkcom (02/20/11)
This week's Games Round-Up can be read in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 25
04:21 PM on 02/20/11
Thomas Balkcom
www.twitter.com/thomasbalkcom
User Info.
Games Round-Up Thanks to Jim for putting this together.

Wow, this has easily been the worst month of my life, so you'll have to excuse me for going missing for two weeks, but I'm back now and ready to talk about my favorite pastime, the video games!

SONY

inFAMOUS 2 hits shelves on June 7th, which is quite frankly the perfect time for it to come out, in the middle of the dry season. inFAMOUS came out around the same time in '09 and it was the only thing I played for months. I need to finish my "good" playthrough. There of course is going to be a crazy ass special edition that includes the sling back Cole wears on his back along with some other goodies. It will run you $99. There are also a ton of pre-order bonuses depending on where you pre-order.

Killzone 3 is going to come in a bunch of bundles including one that comes with a PS3 for $299. Gamestop has a few exclusives including one that includes a Move controller and Playstation Camera for $99.

The Xperia Play also known as the Playstation Phone is coming to Verizon this Spring.

NINTENDO

Lego Pirates of the Caribbean will be released for the 3DS. PHEW!

MICROSOFT

Double Fine will be releasing a Sesame Street game for the Kinect.

Halo: Reach is getting a second map pack. It's called the Defiant map pack and it will be out in March. Three new maps developed by Halo 2 DLC map makers Certain Affinity are included and it will cost $10.

PC

No Half-Life news. Again.

EVERYTHING ELSE

The first DLC pack for Castlevania: Lord of Shadow has been pushed back to March.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit is getting 3 DLC packs. One adds some new Porsche's, one adds new Lamborghini's, and one adds two new game modes. They all come out one week apart starting Tuesday/Wednesday and all cost $7.

Left 4 Dead 2 is getting new DLC "sometime after the release of Portal 2" in April. It's called Cold Stream and allows you to play the remaining 3 campaigns from the first Left 4 Dead and introduces the Cold Stream campaign which is being made by a member of the modding community.

Telltale Games announced a whole slew of new games. Including games based on the comic books The Walking Dead, and Fables. They will also continue their Hector: Badge of Carnage series that they started recently on iOS. Puzzle Agent will get a sequel and they also picked up the rights to make games in the King's Quest universe. The titles are expected to hit all the platforms where you download games. (XBLA, PSN, App Store, Steam, etc.)

Dead Island Trailer. What else is there to say at this point. Watch it.

THQ is going to make Voltron games.

When you beat a level in FEAR 3's single player campaign you can play it again as the co-op partner.

Dragon Age: Redemption is a new web series starring the Internet's own Felicia Day. You can watch a trailer here.

Here is the Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel edition.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is getting it's first paid pack of DLC. It's entitled The Da Vinci Disappearance and will include new single player missions and new maps and modes for multiplayer. It will cost you $10 and be out in March.

Clint Mansell is doing the score for Mass Effect 3.

Danger Close is already hard at work on a sequel to Medal of Honor.

PSAs

Amnesia: The Dark Descent is now available in a retail box.

The first Call of Duty: Black Ops map pack will hit PC and PS3 on March 3rd.

RELEASES

Dreamcast Collection (Xbox 360)
Knights Contract (PS3, Xbox 360)
Disagea Afternoon of Darkness (PSP)
Disgaea 3 (PS3)
De Blob 2 (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, DS)
Everquest II Destiny of Vilaneous (PC)
Bulletstorm (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
Killzone 3 (PS3)

LINKS

Looking for links to video game news?

Four Player Co-Op
Joystiq
Kotaku
1UP

That's it, hopefully I can make it two in a row next week. In the meantime, follow Four Player Co-Op on Twitter, and please watch our end of the year 2010 video special. We worked really hard on it and don't you want to spend an hour looking at five nerds discussing their favorite video games as they get progressively drunker? I thought so. Also, listen to Bullshot! It's like reading this round up only with your ears! Ok, bye.
04:30 PM on 02/20/11
Hail Lelouch
User Info.
New Reach maps, woop
04:30 PM on 02/20/11
niclliot25
User Info.
Cant wait to get my hands on KZ3!
04:45 PM on 02/20/11
SureAsRain
The Motel Life / Michael
User Info.
fuck, that dead island trailer is just way too good.
04:51 PM on 02/20/11
Formatfun
Format, The, Format, The
User Info.
Thanks for doing this round-up, I like to keep up with the video-game world, but don't have time to read the gaming news sites everyday
05:00 PM on 02/20/11
pasthefence49
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
DEAD ISLAND? MOST epici trailer ever
05:25 PM on 02/20/11
Sic Transit Zeb
User Info.
Funny video. Absolutely loving Dead Space 2 right now.
05:30 PM on 02/20/11
IndieKid!
The Registered User
User Info.
I purchased a new television ready for Duke Nukem :]
05:40 PM on 02/20/11
drivethru715
National Nobody
User Info.
Hmm... Disgaea 3 was released in 2008 and its Everquest 2: Destiny of "Velious"...

Nerd out.

Edit: Afternoon of Darkness dropped in '07 also.
05:44 PM on 02/20/11
be mine
Video games are for children
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hmm... Disgaea 3 was released in 2008 and its Everquest 2: Destiny of "Velious"...

Nerd out.

Edit: Afternoon of Darkness dropped in '07 also.
1. http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/di...-justice/90163

2. Who gives a shit about EverQuest?
05:55 PM on 02/20/11
drivethru715
National Nobody
User Info.
05:57 PM on 02/20/11
be mine
Video games are for children
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It looks like these are reprints.
06:27 PM on 02/20/11
woominlee2
Always a student of life.
User Info.
Dead Island trailer is amazing.
People are already trying to turn it into a movie.
06:30 PM on 02/20/11
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
Excited for bulletstorm, picking it up asap, and duke nukem forever better be epic,its been in develpoment for at least 10 years. Speaking of halo 2 dlc, remember when the map packs came out on the disc and all you had to do was pick it up at wal mart and install it on everybodys xbox? Those were the days! Turf ftw!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests