Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 121
06:20 AM on 03/06/07
Ambulance X
Where's ambulance Y?
User Info.
Rap is a joke and anyone can do it. All you have to do is be able to rhyme about anything and know someone who can put a decent beat behind it.

Exactly. It takes no talent. Are people finally coming to their senses?!?!
06:27 AM on 03/06/07
heartkarl
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Rip Rap
06:29 AM on 03/06/07
themrmooreexp
User Info.
Exactly. It takes no talent. Are people finally coming to their senses?!?!

listen to someone like saul williams, theres talent in rap, however most people rarely get to hear it these days.

its ignorant to say theres no talent in rap, sure it doesn't necessarily take much to make a rap song, but that can be said about most any genre and doesn't necessarily reflect all songs in the genre because it sucks.
06:29 AM on 03/06/07
Tom Good
Album Reviewer
User Info.
maybe it's because a lot of rap is similar in topics discussed and lack of originality. It could be doing what the rock scene has done. People got sick and tired of mainstream rock because it started getting really generic, so they looked for their rock fix from smaller bands (which are subsequently starting to become the more mainstream bands). I think if a style stops being fresh, the sales will start to decline. Also many mainstream rap albums now a days focus on the single. Besides that one single there are very few tracks worth listening to which can hurt an album sale. If you put 5 songs and 10 "Skits" on your album, then people will just get the single from iTunes or something.
06:34 AM on 03/06/07
ror.
original deadxstop fan
User Info.
Aesop rock, mr lif, pos, atmosphere anyone?

FTW!
06:36 AM on 03/06/07
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
If you put 5 songs and 10 "Skits" on your album, then people will just get the single from iTunes or something.

That doesn't stop Eminem.
06:39 AM on 03/06/07
Fuce
shaolin style
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Rap sold its soul for spinning rims and gold teeth. There is still good rap out there, you just can't listen to the radio to find it.

I had given up on rap until my friend bought me Black Star (Talib Kweli and Mos Def) a few years ago. That's a damn good cd. I'm a huge Roots fan, too.
06:43 AM on 03/06/07
Fuce
shaolin style
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Speakin of the Roots...

06:43 AM on 03/06/07
WCC335
Doppelgangster
User Info.
I had given up on rap until my friend bought me Black Star (Talib Kweli and Mos Def) a few years ago. That's a damn good cd. I'm a huge Roots fan, too.

yeah dude. black star, the roots, lupe fiasco, k-os. good stuff.
06:44 AM on 03/06/07
kennedycurse
User Info.

That doesn't stop Eminem.

yea it does, his album sales aren't even close to where they were in the past.Seriously tho some hip hop is still awesome. Krs-one and BDP get as much listening time from me as anything from the last couple of years. and on top of that everyone should own at least 1 album by grandmaster flash
06:46 AM on 03/06/07
kennedycurse
User Info.
yeah dude. black star, the roots, lupe fiasco, k-os. good stuff.

add dead prez in there too
06:47 AM on 03/06/07
TasonJate
User Info.
maybe it's because a lot of rap is similar in topics discussed and lack of originality. It could be doing what the rock scene has done. People got sick and tired of mainstream rock because it started getting really generic, so they looked for their rock fix from smaller bands (which are subsequently starting to become the more mainstream bands). I think if a style stops being fresh, the sales will start to decline. Also many mainstream rap albums now a days focus on the single. Besides that one single there are very few tracks worth listening to which can hurt an album sale. If you put 5 songs and 10 "Skits" on your album, then people will just get the single from iTunes or something.

bingo
06:49 AM on 03/06/07
genericmadness
Registered Loser
User Info.
Finally
07:00 AM on 03/06/07
chelsea__
User Info.
In other news, water is wet...

Aesop rock, mr lif, pos, atmosphere anyone?

oh yes.
07:05 AM on 03/06/07
nulemoni
I am the D
User Info.
Clearly there just isn't much deviation with Rap. Just look at the trends in music either mainstream or underground. Rap just doesn't have much of anywhere to progress to.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos