Fat Ass Boy
User Info.
fergilicious?
07:10 AM on 03/06/07
Kamtin Mohager
Album Reviewer
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
thank god! it's about time this happened!
07:12 AM on 03/06/07
The Revisionist
Loves shittyass pop music
User Info.
Mainstream rap, sure. I mean, you could basically right the same album about mainstream pop bands, and of course that wouldn't mean there wasn't numerous talented artists under the radar.
07:24 AM on 03/06/07
Talib Scottie
Isn't it a pity?
User Info.
Rap is now marketed towards white people, hence why 4/5 rap songs you hear on the radio is just a novelty song with some "clever" saying or innuendo referring to sex, drugs, fighting or rims over some dance club beat.

Shit, some rappers / rap groups are releasing three and four novelty singles off of the same CD now.
07:31 AM on 03/06/07
DeGausseR187
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
finally people have realized that rap sucks.
07:34 AM on 03/06/07
Noooobie
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hip Hop, and rap in particular, were simply gimmicks from the very beginning. That they are declining is the natural order of the world. Think disco music here. Congratulations hip hop, you lasted a good 10 years past when you should have.
07:36 AM on 03/06/07
PaintMeBlue
Binary Solo!
User Info.
In other news, water is wet...

hahahahahaha
07:44 AM on 03/06/07
Chevy114
User Info.
Its like most music these days it's so easy to mass produce it. With mass production of stuff comes good music and bad music thats any genre. Look at rock do Good Charolette and Nickel Back count as good music, no, but does it mean rock is going downhill, no, look at most bands on this site!
07:46 AM on 03/06/07
Openyourheart
LOL @ lyfffffffffe.
User Info.
Jurassic 5 is pretty freakin' good.........as is Kanye.
07:50 AM on 03/06/07
pinklipgloss
the end is built into the beginning
User Info.
Black Star needs to release another album.
07:55 AM on 03/06/07
Teoa_Fes
Your Choice
User Info.
Wu Tang Is Here Forever....mofocka.
07:59 AM on 03/06/07
WarpSpeedChewy
You know Elvis had a twin brother?
User Info.
I don't like Rap. I like Hip-Hop.
08:07 AM on 03/06/07
HoboAdam
User Info.
the problem with rap is nobody sings about things people can relate too. its pretty much you come up with a word and say it means this and then everybody buys your album
08:18 AM on 03/06/07
asian_rut
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Mainstream rap and hip-hop is terrible right now, yes. I love how a couple of dudes took it as, "Thank God, they finally realized that rap always sucked. I feel great now, let me celebrate by listening to my just-as-generic white dude rock bands because I'm a subconscious racist." As if "emo," "punk," and whatever-core haven't "hit a wall." How many times can you hear a song about the same girl and the same relationshits?

If you want to say rap or hip-hop doesn't take any talent, then I'll hit you with this: it isn't incredibly difficult to pick out three chords, organize them into a melody, and sing your latest Livejournal entry to it. It's all the rage too.

Instead of spinning rims and gold fronts, its skinny jeans and shaggy unwashed hair. Instead of big booty chicks shaking their ass, it's skinny girls with an Urban Outfitters/Forever 21 wardrobe with running mascara. Don't even talk shit. One image is just as ridiculous and overblown as the other one. I'm guilty of skinny jeans and hoodies but at least I admit it.

Don't talk to me about Southern rappers, I know they suck. And no, don't even pull the Lil Wayne card.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos