Username
Password
Facebook News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Facebook
Inside AP.net

Meet Scholar

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (02/22/11)
Rochester, NY pop punkers Scholar posted a new song entitled "The Rift" on Facebook. The band recently recorded an EP, Make Light, with producer Brian Moore (Such Gold).

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 16
02:21 PM on 02/22/11
ianpritchard
psnoak.bandcamp.com
User Info.
I was digging the song until the verse kicked in. I'm just not a fan of his voice.

Just wondering, though: what differentiates this as getting its own news post rather than being grouped in the "Unsigned Band" round-ups, or whatever they are called.
02:52 PM on 02/22/11
LewistonSpecial
MyPenisIsLikeAnAcorn
User Info.
Thanks for the post, Alex! Glad you dig it.

And as for you, Mr. Costanza, thanks for listening, regardless. Too bad on the voice, feel free to check out www.scholarmusic.com to hear three more clips. Ya never know.
03:01 PM on 02/22/11
lakemichigan
User Info.
amazing pop punk, can't wait to hear the whole ep from these dudes!
03:23 PM on 02/22/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
I was digging the song until the verse kicked in. I'm just not a fan of his voice.

Just wondering, though: what differentiates this as getting its own news post rather than being grouped in the "Unsigned Band" round-ups, or whatever they are called.
A lot of it has to do with personal preference, for better or for worse. I liked what I heard and thought others would as well, so I gave it a post. The small band round-up is only posted like once a month these days, so discretion has to be used.
03:37 PM on 02/22/11
ianpritchard
psnoak.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Thanks for the post, Alex! Glad you dig it.

And as for you, Mr. Costanza, thanks for listening, regardless. Too bad on the voice, feel free to check out www.scholarmusic.com to hear three more clips. Ya never know.
I guess its just not my cup of tea. Keep doing what you're doing though.

A lot of it has to do with personal preference, for better or for worse. I liked what I heard and thought others would as well, so I gave it a post. The small band round-up is only posted like once a month these days, so discretion has to be used.
Yeah, it's not a bad thing, I was just wondering if there was a process in distinguishing between the two or not.
04:49 PM on 02/22/11
LewistonSpecial
MyPenisIsLikeAnAcorn
User Info.
Thanks! There are three clips rotation in the player on www.scholarmusic.com as well. Hope you keep diggin' it!
09:23 PM on 02/22/11
xplosivo
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Sounds like some quality music coming out of Rochester, digging it. I'm actually from Rochester, you guys ever play around here?
09:31 PM on 02/22/11
LewistonSpecial
MyPenisIsLikeAnAcorn
User Info.
Sounds like some quality music coming out of Rochester, digging it. I'm actually from Rochester, you guys ever play around here?
Oh, we will be. March seems like when we'll be able to start getting out. And we're playing the half time (or some such thing) at a Roc City Roller Derby bout at the Dome Arena on May 14th. Stoked.

And thanks for the kind words! Glad you dig it. Keep in touch.
10:52 PM on 02/22/11
xplosivo
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Nice, the Dome Arena is 2 miles down the street. Not sure about Roller Derby though? Haha, I'll have to check it out. Do you guys have a site that has a list of shows?
10:54 PM on 02/22/11
LewistonSpecial
MyPenisIsLikeAnAcorn
User Info.
Nice, the Dome Arena is 2 miles down the street. Not sure about Roller Derby though? Haha, I'll have to check it out. Do you guys have a site that has a list of shows?
The shows will be listed on the main site once we get a section for it, on Facebook, and on Myspace. the myspace www.myspace.com/meetscholar has another full length track streaming called "everything is backwards". Hope you give it a listen!
07:14 AM on 02/23/11
jonskinny12
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The shows will be listed on the main site once we get a section for it, on Facebook, and on Myspace. the myspace www.myspace.com/meetscholar has another full length track streaming called "everything is backwards". Hope you give it a listen!
I really like what I'm hearing guys! Unfortunately, I live in Utah so I imagine it'll be years when/if I ever get a chance to see you. Is your EP being released digitally?
09:04 AM on 02/23/11
LewistonSpecial
MyPenisIsLikeAnAcorn
User Info.
I really like what I'm hearing guys! Unfortunately, I live in Utah so I imagine it'll be years when/if I ever get a chance to see you. Is your EP being released digitally?
Yes! It's in the works for sure. Keep a check on the facebook!
03:53 PM on 11/14/13
Scholar
www.absolutepunk.net/scholarny
User Info.

Hey, 2 years later and we have a new singer and a full album, - AP streamed it all, check it out: http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=3529961 it's on bandcamp! Physical copies/merch bundles soon enough, too.
03:54 PM on 11/14/13
Scholar
www.absolutepunk.net/scholarny
User Info.

Hey, AP streamed our debut full length, along with a new vocalist: http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=3529961 , hope you dig it.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests