Username
Password
General Announcement News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 23 of 23.
06:49 AM on 02/23/11
Until The Bombs
@_johnleary
User Info.
They have one. It's linked in the news post.

I said "proper."
07:04 AM on 02/23/11
amazingest
User Info.
Probably worth investing in a proper website.
www.ivylandgroup.com
07:05 AM on 02/23/11
amazingest
User Info.
what more do you need?
10:03 AM on 02/23/11
MonopolyMan
Whore's dont trip..they...
User Info.
what more do you need?
hey man check out my band..www.myspace.com/themonopolymusic were recording next week with marc jordan and todd weinstock...lemme know if this is something you guys can work with! thanks!
10:27 AM on 02/23/11
Until The Bombs
@_johnleary
User Info.
what more do you need?

Aesthetically, it just doesn't look very professional. It's obviously a small business, but you don't want it to look that way. My biggest grip though: it's difficult to read what services you provide with the picture behind it. I would also suggest you elabortate just a little bit (a sentence or two) on what each individual service means to current and future customers to make it clear why each piece of what you offer will provide a benefit to them.

On a side note, and I might be dead wrong on this, but if not already done, and if financially possible, I'd have a lawyer look over your offered services. I sat in on a company seminar a year or so ago where a lawyer pulled up the website of the company that I work for and pointed out areas where we could potentially open ourselves up to liability. I believe an example that could translate to your company would be as follows: a customer engages you to perform some kind of credit card service, and only this service. Money goes missing because of some idiot member of the band and then they sue you because you state on your website that you performing auditing services; providing a level of assurance not offered by general credit card services.

You of course have the need to list all of your services, but it's about doing so in a way that limits potential liability as much as possible. Don't quote me on the example, but the primary work that I do is auditing of non-public companies, so it just seems right in my head.
10:27 AM on 02/23/11
Drums4life97
mattwelsh
User Info.
this x10
11:49 AM on 02/23/11
amazingest
User Info.
Aesthetically, it just doesn't look very professional. It's obviously a small business, but you don't want it to look that way. My biggest grip though: it's difficult to read what services you provide with the picture behind it. I would also suggest you elabortate just a little bit (a sentence or two) on what each individual service means to current and future customers to make it clear why each piece of what you offer will provide a benefit to them.

On a side note, and I might be dead wrong on this, but if not already done, and if financially possible, I'd have a lawyer look over your offered services. I sat in on a company seminar a year or so ago where a lawyer pulled up the website of the company that I work for and pointed out areas where we could potentially open ourselves up to liability. I believe an example that could translate to your company would be as follows: a customer engages you to perform some kind of credit card service, and only this service. Money goes missing because of some idiot member of the band and then they sue you because you state on your website that you performing auditing services; providing a level of assurance not offered by general credit card services.

You of course have the need to list all of your services, but it's about doing so in a way that limits potential liability as much as possible. Don't quote me on the example, but the primary work that I do is auditing of non-public companies, so it just seems right in my head.
thanks for the tips.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums