1. How did you get your band name?
There is really no meaning behind it, we just wanted the idea to be laid back and chill, and "Paint the Coastline" did it for us.
2. How did this band get started?
Our singer Eric and I were in a pop/punk band but only the two of us had the time to write songs and practice. So we decided to just move on with just us two as an acoustic side project that turned into our main project. Then we asked our friend Ed to jam with us once with his djembe and he killed it, so we added him to the line-up.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
For me, I like a lot of pop punk and acoustic music such as Amber Pacific and The Scene Aesthetic. I can't say for the others.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
I would have to go with Amber Pacific - they really influenced me all throughout high school.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Can't say, we haven't toured yet.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
We're a little different from the rest of acoustic bands out there. Our songs don't sound the same, and we have an awesome djembe player!
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Probably Steve Nash, he seems like a nice guy.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
The friends that have always been alongside me.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I wish it weren't so much about the image. And people that don't write their own songs should definitely learn to.
10. Memorable tour experience?
I will let you know once it happens.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
A good source to find out what's going down in the music industry.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
We just came out with a single called "At Your Worst" that I love to play. It has a different feel from what we are used to playing.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
I like to vacation in California, but never live there.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
I lived in Vietnam and didn't really know much music. But when I moved, everyone was into N'Sync and Backstreet Boys. Ha.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
To fly or be invisible. I would be able to get away with a lot of things.
16. Any pre-show superstitions?
I'm always scared a string is going to break, because I don't have a back-up guitar.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Drake and Josh got me started playing guitar.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
They play some songs that stick in your head. I'd say we have a few songs that could be radio friendly.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Just chill with my friends, go with the flow.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
None that I can think of right now