AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Skyler - Long Gone Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 9.25
Musicianship 8.75
Lyrics 9
Production 9.25
Creativity 8.5
Lasting Value 8.75
Reviewer Tilt 9.5
Final Verdict: 90%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.
Inside AP.net

Skyler - Long Gone

Reviewed by: alienantidote (02/26/11)
Skyler - Long Gone
Record Label – Sky-Hi Records
Release – June 16th, 2010

I think I just fell in love.

Maybe it’s like the chick flick genre of the music scene, but whatever it is, Skyler know what they’re doing. This five-track gem is fun, it’s poppy, it’s upbeat, and it says all the right things for a girl’s smitten heart.

“I love the way you look when you’re holding my hand,” the opening track, oh so aptly titled “Hold My Hand” has worked its way into my head. Um, I’m never even met this kid, but I’m pretty sure I would adore holding his hand right about now. This is fairytale storytelling through music and a focus on the little things in life.

Flip over to “Stephanie” for desires of roadtripping to Mexico and swimming the Rio Grande. The track is a little bit slower and a little more country (Is that a fiddle I hear in the background?), but provides a perfect complement to the faster-paced openers.

Starting up in third grade most certainly provides this five-piece band with more than enough practice. What were you doing in third grade? Playing hopscotch? Maybe trading Pokemon cards or walking the dog with your yo-yo? Simply put, these guys have the experience and they know what they’re doing.

Let’s say this is Taylor Swift in guy form. Hell yes, this is so sweet that I feel I may need to shelter Long Gone from the inevitable Disney-oriented audiences that are going to swarm this EP. Skyler’s got guilty pleasure written all over them in all the best of ways.

Recommended If You Likesugary sweet perfection with a hint of country, Ryan Cabrera, Taylor Swift, Jonas Brothers

www.skylertunes.com

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums