Username
Password
Nightmare of You News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Nightmare of You
Inside AP.net

Nightmare Of You Posts Update

Posted by: Rohan Kohli (03/09/07)
Nightmare of You has posted a lengthy update on their myspace profile regarding their forthcoming sophomore LP which is set for a summer release.
UpdateHello ladies and gents,

I know it has been quite some time since I have posted anything on here and just incase you missed us I decided to drop a quick line to let you know we are all alive and well. We have been very very busy obviously writing songs among other things. By "other things" I mean trying to remember who actually controls www.nightmareofyou.com and how we can change it to not look so cyber goth. I am also referring to the daily task of deleting copious amounts of spam comments. We want this space to be a community comprised of Nightmare of you and our fans. I am sick and tired of these "getabone" spam messages so kiddies please stop your curious minds from clicking on these bogus links furthering the spread of this horrible epidemic. Consider this a warning. If you litter our page you will be excommunicated from our lovely gang. Thank you. Now I can move on to the fun stuff like.... oh yeah our new music.

Good news and bad news for those of you who are anxiously awaiting our next recording as much as we are. More good than bad actually. The good news is that we have had more than ample time at home now to decompress and unwind from our last whirlwind record/tour cycle. It really takes a period of familiarity and routine again to dig up that inspiration. Not forced inspiration like "oh its time to make a record again better start writing", but more like the kind of inspiration that narturally develops without consciousness. I'm talking about the natural force of elements that make artists artists. The kind that starts as a warm tingly itch to do something and eventually unravels into a fiery monster that commandeers the wheel and steers your life towards the unknown. Ya feel? Anyway, we are in full on writing mode, equipped with 4-tracks, mini discs, laptops and yousendit files helping us hash out what will become our sophomore release. So far this has been the most exciting, fresh, raw and fun writing experience I have ever been a part of. We have no boundaries. No expectations. We are at the mercy of our minds, bodies and spirits. Writing and re-writing, digging deep. Our band has evolved into something much bigger and better then it was before. It sometimes takes bands a couple years or records to find "their sound". You can rest assured that we have found our sound and there is no better way to describe what the new songs sound like than "Nightmare of You". I think we have about 18 or so songs now complete from start to finish and many more in the works. If you liked the diverse blend of styles/genres on our first album you are most definitely going to appreciate the mix of songs in this batch. I don't want to get too ahead of myself since we haven't even stepped foot in the studio yet to start tracking but I can see it already. It's there. It's happening.

I started that last thought by saying I had good news and bad news but after talking about the songs and getting fired up I don't remember having any bad news. Only bad news would be if you are incredibly impatient because this baby is going to take some time. I wish the corporate world could get thru all of their politics, red tape and bullshit thru the pecking order as fast as we could write music. No worries though. We plan to get into the studio ASAP and get these tunes to you as timely as we can. There is no way any of you are more excited to hear them than I am for you to hear them. Promise!

Thanks again to all of you for your continued love and support. We could never forget it and look forward to chatting more with you as we enter the studio.

Cheers,

Joe -NOY

Submitted by takingbackrufio

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21
11:13 PM on 03/09/07
Trent Gill
willreadbooksformoney @ tumblr
User Info.
I think it's safe to say this is my most-anticipated album in the coming months (that I haven't already heard). Can't fucking wait.
11:22 PM on 03/09/07
cahrishurr
thats like uh just your opinion man
User Info.
yeah cant fucking wait for this one

along with straylight run, the honorary title, radiohead, and house of fools..this is a big release for me
11:24 PM on 03/09/07
Vanilla Bear
celebrate the irony
User Info.
yeah...im soooo excited for this!
03:35 AM on 03/10/07
gnp8472
sever your leg please
User Info.
motion city + modest mouse + radiohead + straylight run + bright eyes + wilco AND NOW nightmare of you.

wow.

im happy im alive this year :-D

cant wait to hear the new material
05:08 AM on 03/10/07
MIKEY_HORROR
Hoods nvr stop, thy jst take breaks
User Info.
nightmare of you + honorary title+ everytime i die 3 most anticipated
05:37 AM on 03/10/07
combatbaby
meow
User Info.
LOVE them. Pretty excited for this.
07:31 AM on 03/10/07
Greg
User Info.
i want to kiss them on the mouth and tell them i'm their biggest fan?
07:37 AM on 03/10/07
xBloodToTheBeat
Find Comfort In Yourself
User Info.
i can't wait for this album.
the academy is... +armor for sleep+ the honorary title + motion city + nightmare of you = most anticipated... the used & bright eyes should be good too. at least i hope so.
07:38 AM on 03/10/07
crit
@crittweets
User Info.
This album is going to be so good.
08:29 AM on 03/10/07
leary0315
MatadorOfTheChildrensWard
User Info.
Yeah this record is going to be amazing. I can't wait for this, Thrice, Armor, EtiD, Saves The Day, and Say Anything. Oh and Straylight toooo.
08:31 AM on 03/10/07
HazeLitRise
i spit hot fire
User Info.
nice to see joe getting involved in the updates.
i'm anxious to say the least. this band is stellar
08:51 AM on 03/10/07
fenderkid212
Come on!
User Info.
I can't wait for this.
08:54 AM on 03/10/07
bradyreier
http://twitter.com/bradyreier
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
cannot wait.