AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Home Grown News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Home Grown Posts Update And Unreleased Demo

Posted by - 12:11 AM on 03/10/07
Home Grown has posted an update on their hiatus status and released an old demo titled "Nothing Can Stop Us" on myspace.
UpdateHello All Home Grown Fans.

We haven't really made an official announcement of our hiatus from the music world since our last show on October 27, 2005. There are many reasons for our departure but we would like to keep it private since it was for personal and contractual reasons. Everyone is doing well and have started their own projects. The hiatus is indefinate which means we don't really know if we will ever get back together but there is always the little chance that we do. We have posted a hot unreleased demo song, "Nothing Can Stop Us" for your listening pleasure. Please check out and add our new projects and may God Bless You. Thank you for all the years of great memories!!!

HG

Johnee's new project Red Panda
Darren's new project Sederra
Dan's new project The Get Go

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 42
12:14 AM on 03/10/07
thatwasamoment
RICH GANNON WAR WAGON
User Info.
It's a shame, because that song is top notch.
12:19 AM on 03/10/07
jacksteve111
Breach of Armistice
User Info.
kings of pop has to be one of the best pop punk records i think
12:34 AM on 03/10/07
darkboby
User Info.
Kings of Pop was a perfect CD. I miss Home Grown. You can tell Johney wrote this because he doesnt mention Adam's project at all...NEW YEARS DAY i think.
12:56 AM on 03/10/07
xearlynovemberx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i was wondering if they'd ever get back together again tonight..what a shame that is. kop was an amazing cd
01:00 AM on 03/10/07
lesto17
User Info.
Kings of Pop was a perfect CD. I miss Home Grown. You can tell Johney wrote this because he doesnt mention Adam's project at all...NEW YEARS DAY i think.

That's probably because Adam actually quit the band before they went on hiatus.
01:06 AM on 03/10/07
AniteToRemember
Who wants a body massage?
User Info.
I saw them a few years ago at the Gaslighter in Gilroy with Denver Harbor and it was by far one of the best shows I have ever been too. Kings of Pop will live on forever!! I am so sad to see them go. Their Drive-Thru DVD stuff was great
01:49 AM on 03/10/07
Java Nick
I am the one who knocks.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I saw them a few years ago at the Gaslighter in Gilroy with Denver Harbor and it was by far one of the best shows I have ever been too. Kings of Pop will live on forever!! I am so sad to see them go. Their Drive-Thru DVD stuff was great

I too saw Home Grown with Denver Harbor... must have been during the summer of 2004. It was a fantastic show. Name Taken and Adelphi were the opening acts. I remember HG playing some new material that was going to come out on their next album.

01:50 AM on 03/10/07
mbuchbauer88
User Info.
the song title is ironic
02:55 AM on 03/10/07
tommyhaych
Mayor West
User Info.
I never really liked Homegrown that much. They have some good stuff though, and I agree their DTR dvd stuff is funny (especially the Feliz Navidad making of).
03:36 AM on 03/10/07
marksescon
Mark Sescon
User Info.
Definitely one of my favorite bands. Plus Johnny lives less than a mile from me. We actually talked a few times about buying amps. Great guy.
06:27 AM on 03/10/07
bubonic311
User Info.
I wonder if they still live with their parents. I couldn't get any of the links for the new projects to work except for Red Panda, which looks like a personal/non-music webpage.
06:36 AM on 03/10/07
ThatGirl
Tell me a secret.
User Info.
this was one of my favorite ever pop punk bands.
06:38 AM on 03/10/07
Mountain_Range
User Info.
Man I miss Home Grown. Saw them many a times in small venues, one of those bands where if you didnt care too much into the meaning of the songs and just wanted to listen to some fun, bouncy tunes, they were your guys.
06:46 AM on 03/10/07
BradFoSho
What would the community think?
User Info.
Is there anyway to DL this song yet? I"m lovin it...

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos