Username
Password

Album Review - Page 10
Displaying posts 135 - 145 of 145.
04:26 PM on 05/19/11
good_die_young
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This album is simply part of evolution. The sounds aren't the same, and Endgame doesn't have the same feel as earlier albums. However, Rise Against is still a distinguished band in the rock scene; it's not like they've sold out. The album still displays Rise Against's superior lyrical genius, it just appeals to a different audience.
02:21 AM on 07/13/11
UntamedLazyeye
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
When i first picked up this CD, i didnt know what to expect. Its a great cd overall but lacks the raw energy of the earlier ones. But it still is a good album because of Tim's vocals and lyrics. I think these lyrics are some of the best he has written. The album gets held back because of (just what i think) Zach Blair. After he joined the band we got simpler and simpler guitar parts in the songs. The guitar just hides behind the vocals instead of helping drive the album and adding emotion to it.
08:29 PM on 08/02/11
Jay Sean Fenris
User Info.
This CD was disappointing, and I liked Appeal To Reason just fine. Tim's voice has improved a lot, but the emotion doesn't quite show and many of the songs seem drawn out and boring.
02:59 PM on 04/07/12
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
Appeal To Reason (which i really liked to be honest) is so much better than this snoozefest. unfortunately they've lost their edge and their uniqueness for radio rock blandness... if only they could get Chris Chasse back in the band and write another creative and energetic album like their first four ones.
08:51 PM on 05/30/12
mica182
all time low rules.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this album was okay. it had a few good songs, but they were all kinda slow.
12:28 AM on 06/29/12
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
Hey does anyone know where I can find the shirt that has the log over the heart, and then on the back in big letters it says I CAN STAND MY OWN GROUND?

I've been looking for this thing everywhere and can't find it

Does anyone have any idea where I can buy that at?
I have that shirt. That does not help you though. Have you heard of ebay?
03:34 PM on 09/18/12
PollyLemonParty
User Info.
This album was so good, really well produced, Rise Against have yet to flop.
07:49 AM on 01/11/13
CannoliIsGood
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I have that shirt. That does not help you though. Have you heard of ebay?
Way late on this haha, but yeah I have checked eBay multiple times...no dice. The only place(s) I see this thing are some UK website but it constantly says Out of Stock. I may get lucky at some point and find one on eBay though, who knows.
03:52 PM on 01/12/13
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
Way late on this haha, but yeah I have checked eBay multiple times...no dice. The only place(s) I see this thing are some UK website but it constantly says Out of Stock. I may get lucky at some point and find one on eBay though, who knows.
Like all concert-purchased band tees mine is now faded. Might explain why nobody is selling them on ebay.
07:38 PM on 02/07/14
Topruler
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So I'm actually the only one that thinks and does express how Rise Against sold out? Yes i do love punk bands evolving take a look at Strung Out. They experimented with infusing metal in punkrock and in my humble opinion they did a great job with it. Up to date theyre still a greatly anticipated punk band. They varied in their sound through the years but they never seize to amaze you with their releases. And they stick to their fundaments. Yes they evolved their sounds, but they used it to add to whats punk meant to be. Punk rock is not about being accesible. Punk rock is about being genuine. Punk is not meant to suit the herde. In my opening statement ive pursued attention to this post. Im not saying Rise Against has sold out. I just want to raise questions as to what Rise Against is pursuing. Are they sticking to making great music or are they compromising to sell it?

I like the old Rise Against. Appeal to Reason was ok at best. Never as good as earlier released records Endgame sucks as far as im concerned. Its al catchy rock songs with the Rise Against sound. If i wanted rock songs I would listen to Queen.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums