AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 1 posts
01:20 PM on 02/28/11
AnnuhGator
User Info.
he actually makes a really great point if you think about it. He's saying he can like Miley Cyrus songs but he doesn't give a shit about her, he likes what the songwriter made. Pop artists don't make their own music 90% of the time, but that doesn't mean music isn't being created. If you enjoy a Bayside song, you like Bayside because they made that music. If you like a Justin Beiber song, you like whoever wrote that song for him.
I completely understand what he's trying to say because I come into this exact some contradicting idea. He just doesn't want to say it and I believe you put it nicely. I'm not going to, modern pop is basically fake. I like songs for lyrics. So if someone else writes and does a good job I'll enjoy the song; however most of the time they just get an "attractive" singer "singing" songs about meaningless ideas or such ambitious points that its pointless.
So to go from something deep such as bad religion or bayside and say you like bieber just as much is a bit ridiculous. Chances are you like him for his appearance not his pubescent voice.
Anthony's point is completely legit just most people don't want to believe it. They are different kinds of music.. real and fake.
This is why I love Bayside. Their lyrics ACTUALLY mean something.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos