Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts
12:10 PM on 02/28/11
ReadyForAction
life in the greenhouse effect
User Info.
Not sure if i agree with the pop music thing he said, but I can deffinently see where he's coming from. Really well done review, and I really enjoy the album.
I agree. I'm not sure how you can decide what people should and shouldnt like. Especially since he already mentions listening to Miley Cyrus and punk music lol
01:33 PM on 02/28/11
ReadyForAction
User Info.
he actually makes a really great point if you think about it. He's saying he can like Miley Cyrus songs but he doesn't give a shit about her, he likes what the songwriter made. Pop artists don't make their own music 90% of the time, but that doesn't mean music isn't being created. If you enjoy a Bayside song, you like Bayside because they made that music. If you like a Justin Beiber song, you like whoever wrote that song for him.
What about co-songwriting? Do I only like the collaboration and not the individual parts? It just comes off as douchey thing to say lol. And I say this as a massive Bayside fan who has loved them since '04.
07:31 AM on 03/01/11
ReadyForAction
User Info.
I think, at least for me, it's that people can listen to different things. I agree with what he said about music being music, but I think people should dislike a group for more reasons than their genre, if that makes any sense. It annoys me when people are like "X band really sucks because they play this." For example, I'm not a huge fan of bands like arcade fire, but I can appreciate the suburbs.
OF course people can listen to different things, I just don't see how artist and image comes into play when deciding you like an artist. I'm a huge fan of Bayside and Every Time I Die, but I like them for very different reasons. Does that devalue my appreciation for them?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos