AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Streaming News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

New Travis Barker Track

Posted by - 11:36 PM on 02/28/11
You can hear a new Travis Barker track that features Slash and The Transplants here.

Submitted by Griff

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17
11:48 PM on 02/28/11
Himynameisbenji
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Not bad
11:49 PM on 02/28/11
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
I actually kinda like it. I always had a soft spot for the Transplants though so it's not too surprising. This should be quite an eclectic album
11:53 PM on 02/28/11
wtfTouchMyBalls
User Info.
sounds like transplants recorded over a throw away santana track... but i don't hate it.
11:59 PM on 02/28/11
CrystalCoveBand
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
sounds like transplants recorded over a throw away santana track... but i don't hate it.
sounds like tim armstrong and skin head rob are bored and where are the real drums!

sounds like a shitty santana song! :(
04:11 AM on 03/01/11
himynameisbrett
User Info.
sounds like tim armstrong and skin head rob are bored and where are the real drums!

sounds like a shitty santana song! :(
Yeah, I thought the same thing about the drums. Anytime you see Travis' name in a song you almost kinda expect to hear that live drum sound that goes along with it, not a drum loop. If I'd heard this without knowing it was a "Travis Barker" song, I would've just assumed it was The Transplants. As for the song itself, not bad, but by no means great. As some said before, it pretty much sounds like a rehashed Santana tune.
05:56 AM on 03/01/11
Nap
User Info.
Yes, yes, not bad, not great
06:27 AM on 03/01/11
Say Hello 87
User Info.
I'm not impressed or unimpressed.
06:37 AM on 03/01/11
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
User Info.
this guy confuses me. he's an excellent drummer who's making a record with a bunch of different artists. So why aren't the drums on his songs great? just look at this song - he could make something epic with Slash and yet the song looks average both in drums and in guitar. unless I'm missing something important here, what's the point?
08:03 AM on 03/01/11
bandnamexmyname
&^%^&
User Info.
This guy could do a good song or two just straight instrumentals/drums. Everything he's released solo has been extremely not interesting.
09:16 AM on 03/01/11
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
this guy confuses me. he's an excellent drummer who's making a record with a bunch of different artists. So why aren't the drums on his songs great? just look at this song - he could make something epic with Slash and yet the song looks average both in drums and in guitar. unless I'm missing something important here, what's the point?

hopefully saving his best for blink which would be fine by me. dont care for his hip hop stuff. some of his remixes are nice though.
11:42 AM on 03/01/11
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
This song reaks of: "QUICK! We need a single to rock radio! Get some dudes with rock cred and have them rap over another guy with rock cred's guitar riff!"
12:46 PM on 03/01/11
shoop
User Info.
This song reaks of: "QUICK! We need a single to rock radio! Get some dudes with rock cred and have them rap over another guy with rock cred's guitar riff!"
except this song was made last year...and they shot a vid for it last summer.. nice try though lol. good track, ppl cant ever just enjoy the vibe, always gotta be lookin for crazy drums and shit. just chill out and enjoy it
12:53 PM on 03/01/11
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
except this song was made last year...and they shot a vid for it last summer.. nice try though lol. good track, ppl cant ever just enjoy the vibe, always gotta be lookin for crazy drums and shit. just chill out and enjoy it

My opinion on the track aside -- It's common practice for hip-hop records with potential for crossover to include a track or two on a record with guitar just to get some airplay. See also: Cypress Hill's latest album, that one K'Naan song, various "rock remixes" of hip-hop songs released exclusively to rock radio, etc.

That being said? It's a boring song that feels very uninspired. It sounds like the Transplants--minus everything that makes them fun.
01:45 PM on 03/01/11
shoop
User Info.
My opinion on the track aside -- It's common practice for hip-hop records with potential for crossover to include a track or two on a record with guitar just to get some airplay. See also: Cypress Hill's latest album, that one K'Naan song, various "rock remixes" of hip-hop songs released exclusively to rock radio, etc.

That being said? It's a boring song that feels very uninspired. It sounds like the Transplants--minus everything that makes them fun.
Cypress has used guitars/drums for years lol. it's just a fun loose song man. don't try to make it more than it is. you cant judge the transplants sound by any 1 of their songs imo.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos