AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Streaming News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Smoking Popes Album Stream, Music Video

Posted by - 05:28 PM on 03/01/11
Smoking Popes' music video for "Punk Band" can be viewed in the replies. The band's new album, This Is Only A Test, is streaming here.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
05:29 PM on 03/01/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
05:47 PM on 03/01/11
rob_mylo
@itstherobster
User Info.
after all these years, i still love this band.

and to top it off i will be seeing them in two weeks. awesome
05:57 PM on 03/01/11
Hereformusic
Forest of Noise
User Info.
That looked like fun..
06:23 PM on 03/01/11
cshadows2887
User Info.
When I heard "Punk Band" the first time, I thought this record would be a let down. But I'm really loving this. Nice to see them still around and kicking ass.
08:05 PM on 03/01/11
Mochem
User Info.
When I heard "Punk Band" the first time, I thought this record would be a let down. But I'm really loving this. Nice to see them still around and kicking ass.
So the rest of the album is better than Punk Band? If I'm going to buy it, I don't plan on listening til I get the cd.
08:06 PM on 03/01/11
cshadows2887
User Info.
So the rest of the album is better than Punk Band? If I'm going to buy it, I don't plan on listening til I get the cd.
Yes. It seems to be a concept album about high school and it's really touching, catchy and funny at different points. Very pleased.
08:22 PM on 03/01/11
imtherealdave
Mostly Harmless
User Info.
The rest of the album is great and nothing like Punk Band. I went ahead and pre-ordered a copy of the vinyl from Asian Man after listening.
08:39 PM on 03/01/11
Nap
User Info.
The first time I listened to "Punk Band" I got worried about the album. But the whole album is good and now I think "Punk Band" is great and fun.
08:50 PM on 03/01/11
The Revisionist
Loves shittyass pop music
User Info.
My band is opening up for Smoking Popes in April, I'm stoked as shit for it. Great band.
08:59 PM on 03/01/11
Mochem
User Info.
Yes. It seems to be a concept album about high school and it's really touching, catchy and funny at different points. Very pleased.
Ah, well then Punk Band makes in little more sense in that context than it did as a standalone Smoking Popes song. Knowing that concept restores my faith in the rest of the album.

The rest of the album is great and nothing like Punk Band. I went ahead and pre-ordered a copy of the vinyl from Asian Man after listening.
Yeah, I went ahead and ordered a copy as well. Even Stay Down, which was pretty much 50/50 in terms of songs I liked, was worth buying.
09:00 PM on 03/01/11
cshadows2887
User Info.
Ah, well then Punk Band makes in little more sense in that context than it did as a standalone Smoking Popes song. Knowing that concept restores my faith in the rest of the album.

Yeah, I went ahead and ordered a copy as well. Even Stay Down, which was pretty much 50/50 in terms of songs I liked, was worth buying.
I felt the same way. It seemed juvenile without context.
01:06 AM on 03/02/11
HelpImAlive92
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The lead singer spoke in my music class at college. Sweet dude. Great life story
05:38 PM on 03/02/11
lava890
User Info.
The whole album seemed juvenile to me...I didn't know it's a concept album. Guess I was hoping for another Destination Failure.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos