AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Line-up Change News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Matt Leaves the Union

Posted by - 09:47 AM on 03/03/11
Matt Belanger has left We Are The Union. His message on his departure is found here.

Submitted by juice064

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 18
09:49 AM on 03/03/11
Mr.Kilgannon
Illuminate
User Info.
I've seen them over six times, it's going to be so weird seeing them again without him. At least there wasn't any drama, and it's good to see he's doing what's best for him.
10:04 AM on 03/03/11
Say Nothing
Oh the burdens of time
User Info.
At first I thought this said "Matt Berninger left"....

I was about to scream.

Then I realized I didn't care.
10:11 AM on 03/03/11
allthruwinter
What do I stand for?
User Info.
:/
10:34 AM on 03/03/11
chech95
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I just wanted to log in and say I've met Matt a few times with The Uninspired, and I have to say he's one of the most legit dudes I've met in music and while it really sucks that he's leaving such an awesome ska band, I'm stoked that he's making moves and doing whats right for him. Good luck!
10:37 AM on 03/03/11
formated4tv
Geek-pop.com
User Info.
Tumblr is blocked for me at work, anyone want to copy/paste the post for me? :)
10:48 AM on 03/03/11
DearShithead
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Fucking a, that's horrible. I never even got to see them live. At least it's cool that they got guys from Fatter Than Albert and The Know How for now, but man, I am depressed.
11:23 AM on 03/03/11
mattyrocks
User Info.
was just listening to who we are the other day.
02:21 PM on 03/03/11
thispartysux128
User Info.
this makes me super bummmed
02:22 PM on 03/03/11
Farley
User Info.
Surprised they kept him around this long anyway. Lord knows that band wants to be Kid Dynamite in the worst way.
02:28 PM on 03/03/11
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
Damn! Sad
02:59 PM on 03/03/11
ReedAreTheUnion
We Are The Union
User Info.
Surprised they kept him around this long anyway. Lord knows that band wants to be Kid Dynamite in the worst way.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. There are plenty of bands we rip off (Rehasher, Lifetime, every pop-punk band ever), but Kid Dynamite, while one of my favorite bands of all time, isn't really one of them I don't think.
03:08 PM on 03/03/11
tryharder
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Matt is a good dude...he'll resurface with a vengeance. My question is, who is going to take over on vocals? No offense to Reed, but I don't want WATU to sound like a faster Red City Radio (amazing band!) with horns. So I'm curious to see what develops. As a Philly native and a DIEHARD Kid Dynamite fan, I can't help but be embarrassed for the dude who wrote they want to be/sound like KD. The Fuck dude, The Fuck. There is absolutely NO similarity between KD and WATU. Seriously, that hurts those of us who know KD, and HxC/Punk, well, REAL HxC/Punk. Good luck WATU, you have my full support in the progression/direction you take, just put out some new material sometime soon. Great Leaps Forward is phenominal, but a new 7 in'' or Digital EP in the upcoming months would be much appreciated. GO PHILLIES! April 1 can't come soon enough!
03:14 PM on 03/03/11
tryharder
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Reed....that Red City Radio comment was a compliment bro, trust me, in no way was I slighting your vocals...I love 'em...my suggestion was to bring someone in who's vocals are comparable to Matt's...obviously not him, which blows, but I support both you guys and Matt's ventures in whatever direction you decide to take...much love...get Cabrera off the sauce, and in the lineup, I'd love to see a Jimmy Leyland and Uncle Charlie Manuel WS in 2011!
06:10 PM on 03/03/11
watujim
drummer
User Info.
miguels not an alcoholic....he's just always thirsty!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos