AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review

Shitdisco - Kingdom Of Fear Album Cover

Shitdisco - Kingdom Of Fear

Reviewed by
This review was written by an AP.net staff member.
Shitdisco Kingdom Of Fear
Label: Fierce Panda Records
Release Date: April 16, 2007

Who?:

Shitdisco is an insanely fun dance-punk act from Glasgow, Scotland. The perfectly accented and deep vocals bring to mind other acts such as Dogs Die In Hot Cars or The Photo Atlas. Don’t let the pottymouth name keep you from checking these guys out, as they are really quite catchy. Curse our primitive American sensibilities, curse them to… heck!

How Is It:?

Ok, let’s be frank, Kingdom Of Fear isn’t pretending to be anything too deep. Tracks like “72 Virgins”, “3D Sex Show” and “Disco Blood” might not be for little Billy down the street, but once you get past the group’s crass sense of humor, there is plenty to love. The whirring electronics and frantic drumming of “Dream of Infinity” could have those with Mohawks dancing right along those with bowl cuts (I miss mine). The insanely catchy chorus and rock guitars of “I Know Kung Fu” might be simple, but the handclaps almost cause an overdose of good times. Shitdisco definitely have the art of mixing punk with electronics down to a science. No, not the type of science with math and chemicals and stuff. I’m talking the type that explains why gorgeous girls always end up with a Burt Reynolds look-alike. In any event, Kingdom Of Fear further blurs the line between chemistry and hallucination, and that’s refreshing.

Recommended If You Like: The Rapture, The Photo Atlas, R-Rated movies, Okama Gamespheres, Dogs Die In Hot Cars

Displaying posts 1 - 5 of 5
11:11 AM on 03/16/07
emographer
www.mark-gamble.com
User Info.
Glasgow is in Scotland, not England! Despite both being in the UK, they are 2 different countries. I'm sorry if it seems petit and irrelevant to the review, but it's a fact I had to state, being Scottish.
Otherwise, pretty spot on review.
12:48 PM on 03/16/07
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
my bad, I've even been to Scotland and used to live in Surrey, England. Thanks for reading and paying attention though, I fixed it.
05:29 AM on 03/17/07
Mr_Ian
Shut up you fucking baby.
User Info.
Good review, though the band's name is pronounced ShhhhDisco so no need to swear when you say their name!
11:37 AM on 03/17/07
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
thats good news. But i still hope my mom doesnt know I have such naughty words on my computer. I will just explain its ShhhhDisco. thanks for the info dude.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos