Username
Password
Rise Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Rise Records
Inside AP.net

Stream New Dance Gavin Dance and The Color Morale

Posted by: Christian Wagner (03/04/11)
Rise Records are streaming the new Dance Gavin Dance and The Color Morale albums on their Youtube page. Both albums hit stores on Tuesday, March 8th.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 107
08:31 AM on 03/04/11
dylanandtea
all luck and pop-punk.
User Info.
on youtube?
08:34 AM on 03/04/11
DanTGD
Dynamite Hero
User Info.
regardless of all the Johnny Craig stuff, Downtown Battle Mountain II is still a really shitty album.
08:36 AM on 03/04/11
dancerazdance
http://youarerocksolid.tumblr.co m/
User Info.
new DGD album is great.
08:41 AM on 03/04/11
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
regardless of all the Johnny Craig stuff, Downtown Battle Mountain II is still a really shitty album.

yeah I am not feeling it that much minus like.. 4 or 5 tracks. I had it on pre-order on Itunes and I am thinking about canceling it. I probably will. The album is just not as good as Deathstar or Happiness. I guess I am just too big of a fan of Kurt's voice. With Kurt and Zac gone, the band went way downhill. Mess and instrumentals are the only good thing on DBMII and even the guitars at some point get redundant and boring. This band called it quits when they gave Kurt the boot, I wont ever get over that cause his voice alone made me love DGD to start with.

Everyone should buy The Color Morale's new album!!!
08:50 AM on 03/04/11
rushour144
User Info.
Still not as good as their Battlestar album (their absolute best IMO), but pretty great. Too bad Jonny is freaking psycho and so messed up! I have a feeling DGD are done.

ON THE OTHER HAND, The Color Morale album is incredible!!! They do not necissarily bring anything new to the table, but they do what they do SO much better than anyone else. The talent in this band is undeniable; one of the best drummers in the scene if you ask me.
08:55 AM on 03/04/11
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
Still not as good as their Battlestar album (their absolute best IMO), but pretty great. Too bad Jonny is freaking psycho and so messed up! I have a feeling DGD are done.

ON THE OTHER HAND, The Color Morale album is incredible!!! They do not necissarily bring anything new to the table, but they do what they do SO much better than anyone else. The talent in this band is undeniable; one of the best drummers in the scene if you ask me.
This!
09:02 AM on 03/04/11
Meeze
PunkOut.org
User Info.
I don't think DTBM2 is bad But what was everyone really expecting from DGD?
09:08 AM on 03/04/11
Riel
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't understand how anyone can be let down by DBM2. It seems like Rise removed any mention of The Color Morale stream from their Facebook but I'll go through Youtube, they had a pretty solid debut.
09:09 AM on 03/04/11
TwelveTribes230
<>
User Info.
DTBM2 is probably my least favorite DGD Cd. Musically its good, but every song sounds the same and has the same style. Also Jonny doesn't sound as good and his vocal style gets very old after a while.
09:10 AM on 03/04/11
15 Step
User Info.
yeah I am not feeling it that much minus like.. 4 or 5 tracks. I had it on pre-order on Itunes and I am thinking about canceling it. I probably will. The album is just not as good as Deathstar or Happiness. I guess I am just too big of a fan of Kurt's voice. With Kurt and Zac gone, the band went way downhill. Mess and instrumentals are the only good thing on DBMII and even the guitars at some point get redundant and boring. This band called it quits when they gave Kurt the boot, I wont ever get over that cause his voice alone made me love DGD to start with.

dude. kurt doesn't have much of a range. nothing compared to jonny. mess' scream is 10 times better, esp since he's screaming melodies now, something shitty metal bands like the color morale DONT do. and zac garren is nothing compared to will. will has way more technicality and creativity.
09:11 AM on 03/04/11
TwelveTribes230
<>
User Info.

I agree with all of this.
09:13 AM on 03/04/11
TwelveTribes230
<>
User Info.
dude. kurt doesn't have much of a range. nothing compared to jonny. mess' scream is 10 times better, esp since he's screaming melodies now, something shitty metal bands like the color morale DONT do. and zac garren is nothing compared to will. will has way more technicality and creativity.
The guitars are technical, but their is no real differentiation between songs. It all starts to blend together. Yes, Kurt doesn't have a better voice than jonny, but he at least changes things up, whereas johnny sounds the same in every song he has ever done..just gets boring after awhile
09:18 AM on 03/04/11
15 Step
User Info.
The guitars are technical, but their is no real differentiation between songs. It all starts to blend together. Yes, Kurt doesn't have a better voice than jonny, but he at least changes things up, whereas johnny sounds the same in every song he has ever done..just gets boring after awhile
in comparison to the other post-hardcore, metalcore, deathcore etc bands that everyone worships, the Will's guitars have way more differentiation. you're not hearing power chords, three note guitar riffs, and 2 minute long-palm muted-drop d/c/b flat- breakdowns like in EVERY metal song these days.

Edit: as with jonny's voice, it has WAY more color and timbre than kurts, which beats any creative thing kurt did when his voice sounds like all the other high pitched vocalists (craig owens, vic fuentes, etc)

thats why vocalists like jonny, anthony green and casey crescenzo get way more cred than kurt travis and craig owens.
09:19 AM on 03/04/11
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
this is not a good way to stream an album.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests